Karl Lagerfeld For H&m

I am hoping that the cuts will be slim as in the ads... Definitely looking forward to trying on and likely getting the double breasted coat as well as a blazer (sounds like there may be at least two types out since the article someone attached to this thread said there was a corduroy collared version as well). I'm curious to see if Lagerfeld did any other outerwear for men. Also wondering how much the skinny tie is, and jeans maybe? A lot of the designs look very Dior Homme... You can see the influence in the way Karl is wearing his pants in the ads, extra long and bunched up. Very Hedi. Very awesome.

why care for the clothes, all I want is some Liquid Karl :rolleyes: :huh:

hmlag5.jpg

hmmm...i guess in a way...it's hedi slimane for h&m ...but with a lagerfeld label... :lol: :ninja:

Originally posted by Mettchen@Nov 9 2004, 04:53 PM
why care for the clothes, all I want is some Liquid Karl :rolleyes: :huh:
[snapback]425169[/snapback]​

You can't even say 'Liquid Karl' without being pretentious and ridiculous.

'Liiiiquid Kchhaarrrl'... :mellow:

:stuart:

Is it true people will be outside H&M from the night before, lined up?
:unsure: A few of the girls at my office said they have to get to the 5av store early on Friday, or risk the good stuff being gone.......

Originally posted by Theory@Nov 9 2004, 08:45 PM
Is it true people will be outside H&M from the night before, lined up?
:unsure: A few of the girls at my office said they have to get to the 5av store early on Friday, or risk the good stuff being gone.......
[snapback]425366[/snapback]​

Wow are you serious... I didn't know it was gonna be that frenzied...guess my chances of pickin up some "Hedi Slimane for H&M" :smile:lol: at madame grey for that comment btw) jeans when i hit Frisco at the end of this month are nil then. oh well.

Originally posted by Fade to Black@Nov 9 2004, 09:51 PM
"Hedi Slimane for H&M" :smile:lol: at madame grey for that comment btw)
[snapback]425439[/snapback]​

:wink: :lol: :innocent:

At the H&M's up here (Northern NY) they could advertise all they wanted and put up the biggest Lagerfeld posters ever and no one would have a clue who it was or what the big deal was

however, the line isnt leaving the City. Which SUCKS :begins revolt:

In the article it talks about a plum colored jersey top or something with pearl detailing. I don't see that in the 'collection' anyone have any idea which shirt the article is talking about?

thanks for the article stylegurrl...i just found it...
so he copied the jewelry too...hmmm...LOL...

echoing everyone's comments about the cut...I love the slender, sleek look that the promotional photos have given the collection. my experience with such collections (isaac mizrahi for example) is that the real thing is cut very "average" - boxy, to fit a wider range of figures. I hate that. :( oh well there's no way to know except to try the stuff on come friday.
I hope I don't have to fight off people when I go there...hopefully that's just a bit of overhype. :huh:

there was an advert on TV yesterday of some women laughing.....then there was a BIG question mark.....

and it said 'is it true?? find out on this channel this thursday'

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Nov 9 2004, 11:35 PM
Bet the ad versions have been tailored like b*ggery though...the close-shot of the suit Karl is wearing looks more like Savile Row than H&M...
[snapback]425112[/snapback]​
I had a look at the "backstage" section, and it sure looks like that -- unless the safety pins are part of the design...

|
|
V

The pleasures of masking tape and safety pins :wink:. For those looking for verrrrrrry narrow-cut jeans that will make your legs look like bambi's, try Acne Jeans!

Originally posted by shiny@Nov 10 2004, 09:47 AM
I had a look at the "backstage" section, and it sure looks like that -- unless the safety pins are part of the design...

|
|
V
[snapback]425914[/snapback]​

oh no! They pinned up the pants to make it look like a better fit! The clothes aren't cut slim!

Originally posted by Mutterlein@Nov 10 2004, 12:27 PM
oh no! They pinned up the pants to make it look like a better fit! The clothes aren't cut slim!
[snapback]426019[/snapback]​

Hmm, it's a tough call. That model is probably rail thin. I guess we'll have to wait and see on friday. Definitely curious about the double breasted coat's slimness as well as the slimness of the jeans (if they're at all like Dior Homme jeans, i'm gonna pick up at least 3 pairs).

Originally posted by Chinorlz@Nov 9 2004, 05:51 PM
I am hoping that the cuts will be slim as in the ads... Definitely looking forward to trying on and likely getting the double breasted coat as well as a blazer (sounds like there may be at least two types out since the article someone attached to this thread said there was a corduroy collared version as well). I'm curious to see if Lagerfeld did any other outerwear for men. Also wondering how much the skinny tie is, and jeans maybe? A lot of the designs look very Dior Homme... You can see the influence in the way Karl is wearing his pants in the ads, extra long and bunched up. Very Hedi. Very awesome.
[snapback]425160[/snapback]​

I've overheard from a friend of mine working as a buyer for a multi-brand stockist that Hedi Slimane will also take part in designing for a young or sport line for H&M. Can anyone confirm this piece of news, or rumour?

Raimund :flower:

Can't wait to see the collection with my own eyes... I like it just fine on photograph, but I'm used to H&M clothes looking great on picture and in reality... nearly falling apart in your hands, from sheer lack of quality :yuk: I do, however own some great items from H&M, and quality on those ain't bad, so... I'm sooo curious!

GAH! I'm concidering going to Finland tomorrow just to see the collection :ninja: :wacko: Hope my friend can come too.

Originally posted by Acid@Nov 10 2004, 08:57 AM
there was an advert on TV yesterday of some women laughing.....then there was a BIG question mark.....

and it said 'is it true?? find out on this channel this thursday'
[snapback]425840[/snapback]​

I saw that too, i think it was on channel 4 :unsure: .

I'm going into town tomorrow to check it out. My city's not full of fashionista, so i doubt i'll be fighting anyone off, but you never know.

I'm looking forward to seeing it, i may buy a couple of pieces, but we'll see.

Can't wait to see Liquid carl either hahaha :rofl:

:innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->