Karl Lagerfeld to leave Chanel?

Jambakindy

Reaction score
"Dear Shaded Viewers,

This is not a fact until you officially read it somewhere else but rumour has it that Karl Lagerfeld will not renew his contract at Chanel and that Albert Elbaz will take his place and Olivier Theyskens will take Albert's place at Lanvin. Both choices make perfect sense to me. Schaparelli has decided to change directions and do a not so expensive line . Nothing is engraved in cement, these are still just rumours you will have to wait and see.
Later,

Diane"

From Ashadedview.com

Just a rumor but I wouldnt be surprised if it was true.

Last edited by a moderator:
and Karl is replacing Michael Kors in project runway?!?

Where else is the Kaiser to go? Maybe focus on his own line??

.. I'm thinking Elbaz at Chanel.. doesn't sound too bad though..

Honestly, Karl is quite possibly the only designer who I just cannot imagine being replaced when it comes to Chanel, not because I'm this die-hard groupie of his but because I just can't think of anyone else filling his role. On the one hand I know in my head that he's 3/4 of a century old and he won't be around forever regardless of any contract he may or may not sign. On the other he just seems to prove that knowledge wrong with his infinite stamina.

:mellow: coming from Diane, I had to double take.
sounds.. difficult to digest. I mean, Karl out of Chanel, Alber in Chanel, Olivier in Lanvin, it's too much and it's already thursday, I'm out.:wacko::lol:

I was just thinking the other day how tragic it will be when Lagerfeld leaves. I speculated when it might happen as he is much older than he seems :(

that would be in fact the biggest tragedy in history.... :(

No more Karl :( ... that would be very wierd... When I think Chanel, I think Karl, Coco comes second... he has been an integral part of that brand
I hope that it is his decision to leave and not because they are making him go...

Maybe I'm alone in this but.

This would be amazing if it were true. Seriously. Amazing. I'd cry tears of joy. Karl for Chanel was iconic and wonderful BUT I would not be averse to new blood at all. The man is getting older, maybe he'd like to enjoy his twilight years doing something else. Napping is nice, that is how I plan on spending my senior citizen days.

But enough about me.

I would actually say that Oliver should go to Chanel and Alber stay at Lanvin but either way is good as far as I'm concerned. Alber could bring a real personal touch to Chanel. His work is masterful, he wouldn't disappoint.

Omfg I just read this somewhere else and I'm got so worried. To me, Karl IS chanel. I can't imagine chanel without karl. As much as I LOVE alber, I sooo wouldn't want him at Chanel. Doesn't seem right. On the other hand theyskens for lanvin sounds really interesting but I can't imagine lanvin without Alber.

into a nursing home?

What kind of thought process do you have? this is a put down to one of the greatness minds Couture has ever had. The Man is independently wealthy from his own family and never needed to work. Nursing home<?>.. good grief please educate yourself and think before you speak.

Jean Stranquist

"Dear Shaded Viewers,

This is not a fact until you officially read it somewhere else but rumour has it that Karl Lagerfeld will not renew his contract at Chanel and that Albert Elbaz will take his place and Olivier Theyskens will take Albert's place at Lanvin. Both choices make perfect sense to me. Schaparelli has decided to change directions and do a not so expensive line . Nothing is engraved in cement, these are still just rumours you will have to wait and see.
Later,

Diane"

From Ashadedview.com

Just a rumor but I wouldnt be surprised if it was true.

I don't know anything about Diane, but the whole musical chairs aspect of this I find quite unbelievable.

I'm not ready for Alber to go anywhere ... I think he'd do something more interesting at Chanel, but it's so commercial he's clearly the wrong guy.

I'm not worried at all because this seems about as likely as CNN breaking that Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny are all for reals :P

oh how exciting! i love karl for chanel but A NEW TYPE OF CHANEL?! incredible! cant wait, fingers crossed this turns out to be more than a rumor. I have always wanted oliver to be more popular and widley recoginsed too, mabey this will be the perfect time?

What kind of thought process do you have? this is a put down to one of the greatness minds Couture has ever had. The Man is independently wealthy from his own family and never needed to work. Nursing home<?>.. good grief please educate yourself and think before you speak.

Jean Stranquist

:lol: It's not a big deal, he's old, and I think the same as Jambakindy...
You seriously made me laugh^_^

Well, I wouldn't mind to be honest... but I think the same as Lux, Oliver for Chanel :smile:
Alber is doing an amazing job in Lanvin.

What will become of Baptiste? He won't be number 1 on Models.com for long without Karl stroking his ego. Anyway this is so weird, I mean I don't mind being served up the same frilly sheer romantic tweed season after season but only because it's Karl who's serving it. I wont take that crap from anyone else. He has so much good will despite having almost no redeemable qualities in his personality. It will be landmark if this happens. Elbaz, but Oliver especially need this.

Fashion will be NOTHING without Karl. Might as well get out of fashion. He was the last great.

^ I'm all for dramatics and whatnot, but that's kind of overdoing it, no?

The last of a breed of designer taught by the original masters of couture? Yes. The last great designer? Not likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimble
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->