Karl On Boys And Skirts

i am willing to meet KARL.
one of his only 2 boutiques is located in monaco (LAGERFELD GALLERY) and the manager is a good friend. he said that KARL is an amazing, inetersting, fun person.
and i got no doubts. we all know hes a snob, but sometimes thats what makes people fun. they dont take themselves too serious.
i mean look at JOOP: same thing.
if you'd live in monaco, you'd know what im talking about. we need these people to learn to laugh again. B)

so i actually saw a video today of the runway show and it's not what i had imagined...the guys came out with girls...sometimes wearing the same outfit...walking slightly behind the girls...

i was at ahelmut lang show a few yrs back-his last show in nyc...whenever that was...and he had done that...but in a much sexier, more predatory way...if that makes sense...it was as if the guy was the male lion walking along behind the lioness to stake his claim and make sure no-one stole his woman...it was very cool...

the chanel thing was...eh....but better than it looks from the photographs...i like it a little better now...not much, but a little...
maybe the ads will be ok after all...
:flower:

A bit off topic but my favourite quote from Karl goes something along these lines.
Ok, a reporter asked Karl when the last time he had sex was (extremely unprofessional and un-called for thing to do - especially to a man of his age... but anyway...) and he replies with:
"I don't remember. Why don't you ask Tom Ford. He likes to talk about that sort of thing." :rolleyes: B)

:clap: Love it!

Did not Karl describe himself as a ' fashion nymphomaniac ' ? :o

You could write a psychological ' treatise ' on the various significancies of this statement . :blink:

KIT :cry:

Does anybody recognize how pretentious his comment about the skirt-thing is? I know he's skinny but it seems as if he's making himself appear much slimmer than those Slimane boys. Fall off? How? Frankly,I've seen heavier skirts and skinnier guys and they seem to wear them rather well :innocent:

And D2 :sick: I can't believe he even admitted he likes their stuff....as someone already mentioned,what's next, Galliano Homme?

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 24th, 2004 - 11:47 am
And D2 :sick: I can't believe he even admitted he likes their stuff....as someone already mentioned,what's next, Galliano Homme?
I like Galliano Homme... :/

Some of the stuff is very wearable. The show models were just coordinated horribly (for the most part anyway) :cry:

Well,when an[alleged]designer such as himself supposedly promotes good design(such as Hedi and even Yohji) then shares that he wears D2....something's funny about that because those boys aren't what I would consider the pivotal of great design. Nor would I call what Galliano does in his menswear in particular great design.

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 24th, 2004 - 12:47 pm
Does anybody recognize how pretentious his comment about the skirt-thing is?
he's always pretentious B)
no one is slimmer than slimane's boys!

i suppose i can understand why a 65 yr old would brag about how thin he is..

Acid said:
surely almost time for a new bunch of leaders! (pick me please karl or val :blush: )
i've started writing my name in the list already, any ideas who the new bunch might be.
POSSIBILITIES
donna karan's daughter
ally hilfiger
ralph lauren's son
roberto cavali's son

OMG!
I dont care if you laughing AT Karl or WITH Karl ... this thread is hilarious!!!!
I loved the Tom-Ford-referenced-one-liner ... and the fact that he just adoooores D2!!!!!
Un'frikin'believable! (I take that back ...) :P

Dsquared is just a glorified,overpriced version of abercrombie and fitch with the added 'bonus' of looking extremely homo-erotic.
its called BAD TASTE, it seems your already used to it.

mdankwah said:
i've started writing my name in the list already, any ideas who the new bunch might be.
POSSIBILITIES
donna karan's daughter
ally hilfiger
ralph lauren's son
roberto cavali's son
:doh: absolutely NOT
uve just listed the children of big designers
the ability to be a big designer isnt something you can automatically inherit

Acid said:
:doh: absolutely NOT
uve just listed the children of big designers
the ability to be a big designer isnt something you can automatically inherit
however true that might be, you can choose to ignore the fact that it is going to happen so I think i was correct in saying that they are in the next generation of designers, talent or not

mdankwah said:
however true that might be, you can choose to ignore the fact that it is going to happen so I think i was correct in saying that they are in the next generation of designers, talent or not
hmm i dont think you are correct.

children of designers usually give it a go but just cant do it.
they are rich and dont need to work, so they dont in most cases

sean why do you always have to be right:lol:
do you get some pleasure out of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"