Karl's How-to ... For Kids

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
that sounds quite fun, i should get it for my niece :P
Whether he’s designing a collection or doing a photo shoot, it’s all as easy as A-B-C for Karl Lagerfeld. To wit: The multitasking designer is the subject of a new children’s book in France aimed at giving youngsters an insider’s view of how fashion is made. The 32-page book by Editions du Regard shows the designer preparing his spring 2004 Lagerfeld Gallery collection — with four youngsters in tow: at his elbow sketching dresses through to the printing of silk and the fashion show at the Carrousel de Louvre. But fashion is hardly child’s play. The book is recommended for those ages nine and older.

from wwd :flower:

They picked the right one. Karl is so talented. I would like to have that book myself. :P

That's a really good idea. They should do a whole series of books based on different designers.

Originally posted by Spike413@May 8th, 2004 - 12:39 pm
That's a really good idea. They should do a whole series of books based on different designers.
perfect suggestion spike :wink:

How fun! I would have loved kiddie-level biographies of the classic Greats like Worth, Vionnet, Chanel, Dior, and Sciapirelli when I was a kid :smile:

Heck, I would have liked a book like the one Lagerfeld just did when I was a kid. From age 7 through about 15, my biggest dream was to be a designer when I grew up!

Originally posted by As You Like It@May 8th, 2004 - 7:28 am
How fun! I would have loved kiddie-level biographies of the classic Greats like Worth, Vionnet, Chanel, Dior, and Sciapirelli when I was a kid :smile:

Heck, I would have liked a book like the one Lagerfeld just did when I was a kid. From age 7 through about 15, my biggest dream was to be a designer when I grew up!
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Even if younger kids aren't interested, once kids hit adolesence they start dreaming about what they wanna be. It would be really good for any aspiring designers.......

this is such a good idea :woot: , i agree with spike and i too wish this was around when i was a kid. Karl is indeed a talented man! thanks for sharing lena! :flower:

I don't know. I mean, of course, it's cute and a good idea. But Karl definitely doesn't strike me as a child person. It's really more strange and unexpected than anything else.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@May 8th, 2004 - 3:56 pm
But Karl definitely doesn't strike me as a child person.
:lol:

overall, i think its a fantastic idea. if i was a kid, i would want one. and even now, i still want one. he's a great designer, and this is a brilliant marketing move. even if children dont buy it, i can see sooo many people going out to get this just because its karl lagerfeld.... like me :innocent:

Originally posted by chickonspeed@May 8th, 2004 - 3:56 pm
Good point, he seems like he would either scare kids or would be scared of them......I don't know, he doesn't seem the most paternal of people... :P

Originally posted by Spike413+May 8th, 2004 - 10:19 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spike413 @ May 8th, 2004 - 10:19 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-chickonspeed@May 8th, 2004 - 3:56 pm
Good point, he seems like he would either scare kids or would be scared of them......I don't know, he doesn't seem the most paternal of people... :P [/b][/quote]
Well, you never know... Maybe he's a kinder, gentler, supportive person around kids.

It's hard to be snobbish, arrogant and sarcastic against kids, because they aren't supposed to know and understand stuff. And they can be so wonderfully naive!

I'm not a big fan of Mr. Karl...

.... and hand me a 400 page biography over 32 pages anyday.

But for a youngster that wants introduced to the mesmerizing world of fashion :clap:

I think the book should target toward somewhat older audience, like ages 15 and older. I think it's too early for pupils in elementary school to be interested in high fashion. I think they should get to know general art and experience different cultures first, which means going through regular schooling and then focus more on fashion, if they are indeed interested.

its never too early, i was into fashion by ..5 :P

Originally posted by Lena@May 9th, 2004 - 6:24 am
its never too early, i was into fashion by ..5 :P
haha same here Lena. I think I got it from my mum (who used to sew and make ALL of her own suits and clothes). I remember throwing a fit in front of the closet when I was 4/5 because no dresses were available and all I wanted was a big frilly dress to wear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoutshonor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->