Karl's wardrobe faves

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
so, why Dior Homme
and what else apart from Dior Homme does Karl wears these days?

Although a self-professed Dior Homme addict, guess what Karl Lagerfeld is wearing these days? The Karl Lagerfeld label. "It's fun to wear something else. The clothes are modern; they have the right touch," he said about his forthcoming lower-priced contemporary label, a new venture under parent Tommy Hilfiger Corp. The designer just received prototypes from the capsule summer collection launching at Neiman Marcus, including jeans and jackets, some made of a fabric permanently crinkled thanks to metal threads. "I have them on my back all the time," he said. Meanwhile, Lagerfeld is unruffled by last week's blockbuster news that Hilfiger is for sale, with a prospectus circulating. "For me, it's not a problem, especially because it's still the beginning [of our association]," he said Friday. Besides, he added, "people who might want to buy the business wouldn't want to destroy it. I believe in success. As long as I can keep my team in America because it's working perfectly." Not that Lagerfeld plans to only wear his own designs. Besides Dior, his other favorite brands of the moment include Libertine, Hussein Chalayan, Thom Browne and Mastermind, a Japanese maker of skinny jeans.

from wwd

^OMG,that is quite shocking :lol:

I can see Libertine though with their sort of Dandy style that he's become rather accustomed to.

Does anyone know anything about Mastermind Japan? I first spotted several pieces on Yoox from this Japanese label which are very expensive and quite unusual-looking, then I found that Colette carried it.

I just checked the website of Mastermind Japan, it says Destinaion in New York also carries it. Faust, I guess you must know this store. What is it like?

haoshcn said:
Does anyone know anything about Mastermind Japan? I first spotted several pieces on Yoox from this Japanese label which are very expensive and quite unusual-looking, then I found that Colette carried it.

I just checked the website of Mastermind Japan, it says Destinaion in New York also carries it. Faust, I guess you must know this store. What is it like?

It's mostly a shoes/accessories store, but it does have some clothes. Some of the stuff they carry is brilliant. The Mastermind stuff they had was underwhelming - I've seen more than enough clothes with skulls, thank you. They also carry stuff like Xavier Delcour, Collection Privee, and some more obscure, interesting labels. I like the store overall. Actually I should go back now that you've reminded me :flower:

Yeah,last season he just started a menswear collection...I forgot about that.

I agree with faust, I don't see what's so special with Mastermind, especially for the price...

Regarding Thom Browne, is it specifically suits or is there casual wear too? :smile:

Love Thom Browne, the little I've seen of it... It's a bit expensive for me though!

liberty33r1b said:
he's got taste!!

Yeah, but too bad that doesnt translate nicely into his own menswear line..Yawn!

If I am not entierly wrong, I believe that Yohji is part of Mastermind. It's quite expensive but from what I've seen it's pretty good.

I noticed he is wearing chrome hearts jewllery lately to.

jhaime said:
Regarding Thom Browne, is it specifically suits or is there casual wear too? :smile:

yeah I was curious about this too, although all the Thom Browne stuff I've seen seems to be more structured, tailored wear. It looks very Brooks Brothers, but probably a much better made version. The military overcoat posted on men.style.com a while ago when they were doin New York stores' buyers picks looked pretty nice, but very pricey.

edit: i just remembered, in last year's issue of GQ that came out around this time, some Thom Browne stuff was featured and I think there was a cardigan that was like $1,200, so I guess there is some stuff that is slightly more dressed down other than the formal suits/coats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I believe that the designer (masaki) may have previously worked for mastermind.
I dont see any elements of yohji's designs in it..
In fact the only thing collette had was a collection of rather stupid $300 t-shirts.

raijin said:
Actually, I believe that the designer (masaki) may have previously worked for mastermind.
I dont see any elements of yohji's designs in it..
In fact the only thing collette had was a collection of rather stupid $300 t-shirts.

yeah the stuff doesn't look that great....I'd rather get an Undercover or Number (N)ine t-shirt (saw a really cool N(N) t-shirt today, it was black/grey tie dye style t-shirt, but the dye created an image of a skull which took over the whole front of the shirt which I thought was cool). It seems like Karl will support anything at Colette that is ultra expensive, I don't even want to imagine him in those t-shirts and destroyed jeans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->