Katherine Heigl Adopts Korean Baby Girl

*k.a.t.e*

Reaction score
Katherine Heigl introduces her new adopted daughter Naleigh

Hollywood actress Katherine Heigl has issued the first photo of her newly-adopted daughter.

The intimate picture shows the 30-year-old star in a close, loving embrace with husband, Josh Kelley, and 10-month-old Nancy Leigh, or 'Naleigh'.
Naleigh is a special needs baby, born in South Korea and she is named after Katherine's mother Nancy and sister, Margaret Leigh.

An insider told American magazine Us Weekly the fact that Katherine's new baby has special needs will not be an issue. The insider said: 'They are thrilled to have a child in their lives, no matter what the challenges.'

At this stage it is not quite clear exactly what Naleigh's special needs are.
Katherine completed the adoption of her new daughter this week after revealing she was soon to be a mother on Ellen DeGeneres' chat show just last week.

She revealed Naleigh's special needs actually made the adoption process much quicker. Katherine told Ellen: 'She is a special needs baby and because of that, it all moved so much faster. 'They wanted to get her to us as quickly as possible.'

Heigl's own sister was also adopted from Korea, and she said it's something she had always wanted to do. In fact, the Knocked Up star admitted she was so set on adoption that she even made sure hubby Josh was ok with adoption before they were engaged. She said: 'I just wanted to make sure that I was marrying a guy who understood that that was going to have to happen.'

Her spokesperson said: 'Katherine, Josh and Naleigh are together and doing well.'
Article; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-introduces-new-adopted-daughter-Naleigh.html

What's wrong with the kid? She doesn't look special needs.

Uh, she could have basically ANYTHING, do you think everyone with special needs/disabilities looks exactly the same :huh: most disabilities aren't visually obvious!

Last edited by a moderator:
That picture totally reminds me of the Vanity Fair cover with Suri Cruise.
Good for them. Even though I haven't been a huge fan of Katherine Heigl as of late, you can't deny admiration for someone who decides to adopt, let alone an infant who needs special care.

I heard Heigl's older sister is Korean... She was adopted by her parents before Heigl was born...

Hence why Heigl decided to adopt a Korean baby.....

katherine-heigl-784906.jpg

hilary.com

:wub:

you can't deny admiration for someone who decides to adopt, let alone an infant who needs special care.

:heart:

Oh my goodness-- that baby is so cute! :shock: :heart:

I heard Heigl's older sister is Korean... She was adopted by her parents before Heigl was born...

Hence why Heigl decided to adopt a Korean baby.....

that is so sweet!!!
and that baby is gorgeous!:heart:
good luck to gorgeous Katherine Heigl and her hubby and their little girl!:heart:

Oh my god that is so sweet :wub: I am so proud and happy for them!

^ I think the previous poster was offended by the use of the word 'wrong' to describe a disability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->