Kawakubo's Dover Street Market -London

my other half is going tomorrow - he is working in london today. he's so excited about it.

Originally posted by helena@Sep 27 2004, 11:18 AM
my other half is going tomorrow - he is working in london today. he's so excited about it.
[snapback]377171[/snapback]​

oh boy...!!!...our first eyewitness report... :woot:

he was at the cdg bit already - before the rest of the place was open. i think he was so goggle eyed at the clothes he didn't pay any attention to anything else. i haven't been yet though.

the clothes are pretty mindblowing this season...it's really a special collection...i was in the cdg store here over the weekend...i tried on some incredible things...they are holding several items for me while i try to decide what to do...the pieces are so beautiful...but so much money...i thought i might get a jkt...but now i think i will only get a skirt...

plus some knit cdg pants and a knit top from junya... :angel: :innocent:

oh exciting. tell me about them. I tried on some stuff in paris. I tried on some junya knitted stuff too. did you see the tartan body affair with the accordion bits at the waist? did you like it? I also tried on an amazing black crotched wrap thing with one arm. It was so versatile. But I was blinkered by wanting quantity. did you see the jacket with the feathers down the back? i thought it was superb - hard to wear though. Do they sell Robe de Chambre in NY? What about the big puffy things? did you like them? I loved them but they are just too difficult. I actually find a lot of cdg difficult on my body shape. I look to gangly in it - a bit swamped.

my friend tried on this bodysuit...very cute...
it looks good worn unsnapped and out over jns...but you have to be pretty ballsy to wear it like that and she's not really...

Last edited by a moderator:
she also tried on this poncho but in a beautiful purple with gold trim...it looked amazing...i think she should have gotten it... :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
its funny because it looks quite normal in the pics but its only when you see it in real life that it actually looks quite odd. i like the colours in that one.

this is the jkt i tried on... i love it...but it makes my head look like a pin... :(
i would need some funky hairdo....not veryy practical... :ninja:

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 27 2004, 01:46 PM
she also tried on this poncho but in a beautiful purple with gold trim...it looked amazing...i think she should have gotten it... :huh:
[snapback]377238[/snapback]​

i tried that purple one on. trouble with ponchos - don't know about NY but over here EVERYONE is wearing them.

this is the skirt ...it's a fortune...but i am obsessed and posessed...thereis also a tab and button in back...so you can take the bottom of the skirt and twist it around to make a bustle in back and it becomes a knee length hobble skirt...
so it's like two skirts in one...that makes it a bit better in terms of price... :innocent:

Originally posted by helena@Sep 27 2004, 12:50 PM
i tried that purple one on. trouble with ponchos - don't know about NY but over here EVERYONE is wearing them.
[snapback]377242[/snapback]​

true...but they don't look like that... :P :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 27 2004, 01:48 PM
this is the jkt i tried on... i love it...but it makes my head look like a pin... :(
i would need some funky hairdo....not veryy practical... :ninja:
[snapback]377241[/snapback]​

yes i tried on a jacket a bit like that - i think it had am arm coming out of the back... but it just couldn't work. and i looked like a tiny wee girl in this huge big black affair. i can't carry off such a strong look i'm afraid.

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 27 2004, 01:50 PM
this is the skirt ...it's a fortune...but i am obsessed and posessed...thereis also a tab and button in back...so you can take the bottom of the skirt and twist it around to make a bustle in back and it becomes a knee length hobble skirt...
so it's like two skirts in one...that makes it a bit better in terms of price... :innocent:
[snapback]377243[/snapback]​

yes that would be much more wearable would it not? its lovely isn't it? if you wore it with the bustle what jacket would you wear - just a fitted cropped one? c'est combien - dare i ask?

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 27 2004, 12:46 PM
[snapback]377238[/snapback]​

this outfit is mind blowing.

Originally posted by helena@Sep 27 2004, 12:55 PM
yes that would be much more wearable would it not? its lovely isn't it? if you wore it with the bustle what jacket would you wear - just a fitted cropped one? c'est combien - dare i ask?
[snapback]377250[/snapback]​

if i wore it bustled...it's very sexy and rather dramatic...so i think i'd wear a simple sexy top...it's definitely eveningwear...so i don't think i'd necessarily wear a jkt...

if it was cold and i needes a coat...i'd probably wear a short wool peacoat...i like mixing the basic with the very dramatic...makes it more wearable and less precious...less costume-y... :flower:

($2050)

Originally posted by helena@Sep 27 2004, 12:53 PM
yes i tried on a jacket a bit like that - i think it had am arm coming out of the back... but it just couldn't work. and i looked like a tiny wee girl in this huge big black affair. i can't carry off such a strong look i'm afraid.
[snapback]377248[/snapback]​

it's funny...because sometimes when i put some of it on...it's like i was meant to wear these clothes...and it's not just me...my ex saw it and my friends see it...it's like an external manifestation of who i am on the inside...it really is rather remarkable... :wink: :woot:

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 27 2004, 01:15 PM
($2050)
[snapback]377266[/snapback]​

+ tax :doh: :shock: ... but I say, if you can afford it - more power to you! :flower:

yuk...forgot about tax...yeah...well..i couldn't get the hussein chalayan jkt i wanted...so maybe this makes up for it...i don't know...i have to decide...
walking out without the stuff was pretty hard

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 27 2004, 01:56 PM
yuk...forgot about tax...yeah...well..i couldn't get the hussein chalayan jkt i wanted...so maybe this makes up for it...i don't know...i have to decide...
walking out without the stuff was pretty hard
[snapback]377285[/snapback]​

I hate their sales people by the way. i bought a knit sweater years ago, it pulled the first time i wore it - they didn't want to hear about not only returning it, not even for a store credit, but not even about taking it back to be fixed. I say getting the same piece at a store like Barneys is a better move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->