Keira Knightley (July 2011 - June 2012)

Discussion in 'Star Style' started by littlepaperstars, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlepaperstars

littlepaperstars New Member

Moderator's note:
    • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
    • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
    • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (e.g. in the old closed thread).
    • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
    • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs[​IMG] or Profile Comments.
    • This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here
    Thank you.

so not on the ball on this but I just realised we've got a new head shot of Keira! Irony being that this replaced her old one with short hair and now she has short hair again. Oh well!!

[​IMG]

United Agents

#1 littlepaperstars, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by moderator : Jul 17, 2011
  2. HeatherAnne

HeatherAnne Well-Known Member

She looks so much better with longer hair, it softens her face.

3. Not Plain Jane

Not Plain Jane Well-Known Member

I like the long hair but actually the bob she has been sporting lately is really sweet too. Lovely head shot!

4. sobriquet87

sobriquet87 New Member

Gorgeous. She's so beautiful it's not even fair.
    That picture makes me want to watch Pride and Prejudice for some reason.

5. alicia753

alicia753 New Member

love this head shot! :heart:

6. Captain_Lydia

Captain_Lydia New Member

Beautiful headshot, but as for the accent controversy. I never heard a yank accent that sounded like the one she's sporting. It might not be the best Russian one, but it doesn't sound American to me at all.

7. tabbycat

tabbycat New Member

Agreed. Whilst she does definitely pull off the bob I think slightly longer hair is far more flattering for her face shape.

8. littlepaperstars

Russian accents are notoriously difficult to pull off, it's so rarely works in Hollywood without sounding like a Bond baddie!

9. Not Plain Jane

Not Plain Jane Well-Known Member

Hope we get some new pics soon! Easy to get spoiled with all those post-theatrical performance candids!

10. alicia753

alicia753 New Member

Indeed! But there will be probably more candids very soon with all the promo tours for her upcoming new movies!
    Posted via Mobile Device

11. littlepaperstars

She starts on Anna Karenina in September as far as I know, last time I heard, that's when they were going into production so I think that might have some bearing on publicity for A dangerous Method. It will be co-coordinated as much as possible.

12. Captain_Lydia

Captain_Lydia New Member

She keeps doing that! Can't promote because she's working. Sneaky, sneaky.

13. Jenna-maria

Jenna-maria New Member

Oh, I totally did forget that she is going to be Anna Karenina
    sooo exciting!!!
    :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:
    but I still hope she manage to promote as much as possible A Dangerous Method, altough I am sure she is just happy to leave promoting for other actors HAHAH

Yes, I think too that little longer hair suits her better altough she looks great with bob style too but my favourite is super long hair, like she had early in this year.

14. dajrekshn

dajrekshn New Member

for how long will she continue to avoid the promotions for her movies? it's clearly not helping (considering how "badly" the last few ones went with her little input in promotion) and paints a bad picture about her, plenty of actors do both movies and promos for their other projects at the same time. oh well, i feel as if she's digging her own "career grave" and it's a pity.

i loved her with short hair, bob one and long one, she's one of the few who can pull out all of those. love that b/w pic! :D

15. nita-karoliina

nita-karoliina New Member

Watched London Boulevard and i think she was really good in it. Colin was good too as usual. Too bad the movie got too little press.

Such a pretty pic of her!

16. littlepaperstars

When her filming commitments clash with filming there's very little she can do, her focus has to be on the project she's working on at that time. I don't believe she avidly avoids doing any publicity for her movies, not from what I know of her. The publicity machines for these films are so much bigger than just her and when her films do badly she can't be expected to take the burden of it's failure and not because she didn't do publicity. Certainly London Boulevard didn't crash and burn because she didn't do enough interviews. It had so many other, bigger problems!:D

#16 littlepaperstars, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by moderator mosbergo: Jul 18, 2011
  17. dajrekshn

dajrekshn New Member

i am well aware of the fact that she must be focused on her current project, but other actors can do both at the same time as they owe it to through the contract and promotion is one big part of the whole project when you take it up. she did little promotion for NLMG and did none for LB or LN and while i'm know she's not the reason why these movies failed, it's also not hard to imagine what an actress of her reputation could do when it comes to presentation of the movies to the wider public. it couldn't hurt, to say the least...i'm actually surprised how she's able to slip through this part of her job so easily. also, she's always taking projects that are close to her heart, well she's been doing so for the last couple of years from what i gathered from few interviews, so i am surprised at lack of her enthusiasm to "explain and show it" once it's going though it's release and not proudly promote it. my personal opinion is indeed that, if her projects continue "succeeding" the way the did in the last two years, her career might steadily be going down and considering how much talent she has i think it's a real shame. just my two cents. :blush:

18. littlepaperstars

I can't say what goes on at my work obviously (my *** would be fired so quickly :lol:) but she certainly for fills everything in her contracts. London Boulevard for example, she was in rehearsals for The Childrens Hour, and the carefully chosen interviews she did do for that did cover LB as well. She is also very aware of over exposure and I personally admire her for spreading herself so lightly. It's a nice novelty to read an interview with her, at least when she does do a new interview she has something new and interesting to say instead of the same interview being re-hashed a thousand times. I'm personally pleased to see she doesn't feel like she has to perpetually flog her wares, turn up on endless magazine covers or go to the opening of an envelope all the time. I love that despite being an ambassador for Chanel she rarely attends their shows (you listening that Blake Lively?). For me it's the lack of engagement with the media machine that makes her appealing, not seeing her all the time in the public eye might be frustrating but it makes her an altogether more powerful actress.

#18 littlepaperstars, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by moderator mosbergo: Jul 18, 2011
  19. dajrekshn

dajrekshn New Member

i dunno, i feel like there's no engagement with the media what so ever, but that's just my opinion. thanks for the info about LB and lets just agree to disagree so we don't get too much offtopic. :)

20. littlepaperstars

I just feel like I have a certain loyalty to the girl through my work. She's a sweetheart and I get protective of her. So your right we'll agree to disagree and leave it at that :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.