Keira 'wants to quit acting'

Bluestar07

Reaction score
Keira Knightley has revealed that she wants to stop making movies due to the pressures of fame.

The British actress told Elle magazine: "The celebrity thing’s completely crazy. I think I just have to move away or give it up altogether."

Knightley indicated that it would be impossible for her to start a family given her present place in the limelight, adding that she could "just do something else".

While it is uncertain what the 22-year-old star has in mind as a next career move, Knightley also made it clear that she was sick of being portrayed as a misguided role model for young girls with eating disorders.

Speaking about pictures of the tiny-framed star which appeared on a pro-anorexia website, Knightley denied that she was promoting the condition, stressing that she was just "naturally thin".

Meanwhile, although the price of fame appears to have come at too-high a price for Knightley, her film career is continuing to flourish.

The actress, who first scored with the football flick Bend It Like Beckham, is up against her Pirates of the Caribbean co-star Johnny Depp in the best performance category for next month's MTV movie awards.

www.inthenews.co.uk
bsd.gif

I just read it on a dutch news site

I can kinda understand that it is frustrating to her though
but I hope she'll still do Chanel..

I don't blame the girl at all. Especially now-a-days, where celebrity stardom is at its highest. To be nitpicked about your weight, clothes, hair, look, acting, the men you date, down to what you buy at the grocery store!
(BREAKING NEWS! Keira prefers Bounty napkins!!!) :shock: :shock: :shock:

I hope she does what's right for her, as long as she's happy :D

I feel so mean - my first thought at seeing this headline was "When did she start?"

She seems like a really nice girl, very pretty, I want her to be happy in her life and with her choices, but I don't think I'd miss her movies.

Anastasia said:
I feel so mean - my first thought at seeing this headline was "When did she start?"

My first thought was please do:ninja:

Sure, now that she got her millions

tifa said:
i wish she'd quit at life.
I'm not a Keira fan (to me she just seems like a common british schoolgirl, nothing special) but that's a really really nasty thing to say. It's no wonder she doesn't want to be in the limelight when such venemous comments are made toward her. :shock:

misssakura said:
I'm not a Keira fan (to me she just seems like a common british schoolgirl, nothing special) but that's a really really nasty thing to say. It's no wonder she doesn't want to be in the limelight when such venemous comments are made toward her. :shock:

i really don't think it is, then again i have a very cynical sense of humour.

she made a lot of money, so now she's quitting....not that surprised.

She's getting more annoying by the minute. I have completely lost interest in her a while ago, there doesn't seem to have any point to her anymore.

^That's what overexposure does to you. I find her very average and a surprisingly bad model whom I hope will not get more Vogue covers - now there's a vain hope....This comment of hers really is rather silly. She has enough money to just go away, but I'm sure she's going to stay and suffer for her art, as will we when we have to see her mediocre covers.

I doubt she'll really quit. I think it is one of those things she'll be called out on a few movies from now, and she will claim that her comment was taken out of context.

I don't think her statement was serious at all!

Maybe she should take a break and spend some time in some acting school to work on her um, craft. I'm not talking a mini break like Mischa Barton took in London (was it?) but like at least a year. the paparazzi will leave her alone by then probably.

LOL, just a few days ago she wanted to look like Beth Ditto! Please, plenty of actors manage to avoid this sort of overexposure. You don't see people stalking Denzel Washington or Cate Blanchett. A lot of these young stars love the paps when they're starting off and then complain later on. Maybe she should take a break and focus on theatre like someone mentioned.

liberty33r1b said:
she made a lot of money, so now she's quitting....not that surprised.

...but the rate she's going with spending her money in high fashion and other high priced items those millions won't last her. She'll return make her 2-3 films realize she truely likes the attention and continue with her film carreer once more. That is if she truely quits, which she won't...:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->