Kell on Earth - Kelly Cutrone's reality show on Bravo

stateofbliss

Reaction score
Bravo orders new 'Kell on Earth' reality series starring Kelly Cutrone

By Christopher Rocchio, 04/15/2009

Bravo has announced it has ordered Kell on Earth, a new reality series starring fashion industry publicist Kelly Cutrone.

Kell on Earth will follow Cutrone -- who has previously appeared on MTV's The Hills as Lauren Conrad and Whitney Port's employer -- as she juggles running of her New York-based People's Revolution public relations, branding and marketing firm with her role as a single mother.

The tentatively-titled reality series is being produced by former Project Runway producers Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz's Magical Elves production company. Magical Elves had signed a talent deal with Cutrone, who Bravo is calling one of the "coolest, scariest and New York-iest people ever," in December.

"Having done Runway, we have a lot of headspace in the fashion world," Lipsitz told Variety at the time. "[Project Runway is] just a small microcosm of that. There's this incredible world to be explored that hasn't been done yet."

The fact that Kell on Earth subsequently found a home at Bravo isn't a big surprise. While Magical Elves reportedly shopped the series to several networks, Bravo's NBC Universal parent company had first dibs on it due to the exclusive first-look development deal the production company inked with NBC Universal last May.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/...eality-series-starring-kelly-cutrone-8817.php

:woot::woot::woot: I'm so excited! Wonder when this will premiere?

Last edited by a moderator:
YES!!!! I love this woman...i always said if she had a show I'd watch it..

another fashion reality show?!
this lady gets under my skin.. i love honesty but maybe its the way shes edited but she comes off rather very annoying and immature. sigh.

Kind of terrified, kind of want to apply...

I wonder if they're looking for someone actually good or someone who will be appropriately embarrassing on the show.

more info on her show:
After almost being edged out by New York and Milan Fashion Weeks last season, the British Fashion Council has launched a major push to bring London Fashion Week back on solid ground. Already, in conjunction with the event's 25th anniversary, Burberry, Matthew Williamson, Pringle of Scotland, Jonathan Saunders, Clements Ribeiro, and Jasmine de Milo — with Amanda Wakeley and Jeremy Scott, who's never shown in London, as the latest converts — have pledged to show in London for the Spring 2010 season in September.

Now, the British Fashion Council has announced it hired Kelly Cutrone's US-based PR company, People's Revolution, to promote London Fashion Week and British designers stateside. The goal is to drive buyer and editor traffic, according to BFC joint chief executive Caroline Rush: “The appointment of People’s Revolution aims to increase awareness and exposure of British designers amongst US media and buyers with the goal of supporting the growth of designer businesses and increasing the attendance of these audiences at London Fashion Week.” And there's always the added advantage of TV visibility — cameras for Kelly's upcoming Bravo show, Kell on Earth, will be shooting all through London Fashion Week.
fashionologie

I can't wait for this! I wonder if its on Bravo's fall lineup?

I'm not so sure about this. :ninja: I'm all for honesty, yes, and I know plenty of people who are bluntly honest, and yes, sometimes do cross the line, but for the most part, say what needs to be said, and are quite funny and amusing at the same time. :wink: But Kelly is not one of those people, in fact, I always have an extreme urge to slap her. :doh: :innocent:

But, maybe she'll come off better on her own show than on her previous appearances on other shows...:unsure:

update:
Kelly Cutrone's reality TV show "Kell on Earth" touches down Feb. 1st

A year ago we noted that PR maven Kelly Cutrone had inked a reality-show deal with a TV production company called Magical Elves. Today we got word that her show, "Kell on Earth," is slated to bow on Bravo at 10 p.m. on Feb. 1st, 2010.

This isn't Cutrone's first spin on the reality-go-round; she's appeared on "The Hills" and its spin-off, "The City," as the employer/mentor of Lauren Conrad and Whitney Port, respectively. And anyone who has darkened the doorstep of fashion weeks in New York, London or Paris should instantly recognize the black-clad force of nature, who has worked with designers and labels including Paco Rabanne, Jeremy Scott, Vivienne Westwood, Longchamp, Nicky Hilton and Whitley Kros.

We're told the cast will be rounded out with Cutrone's cadre of helpmeets: Robyn Berkley and Emily Bungert (People's Revolution partners whose names and faces should be familiar to the fashion press), Kelly's former assistant (now a junior executive), Stefanie Skinner, and her new assistant, Andrew Mukamal -- whose juggling of the various duties of the show and Cutrone's schedule (in the midst of it all, she's penning her first book, the working title of which is "If You Have to Cry, Go Outside") should make Rachel Zoe's long-suffering assistant Brad look as if he's been on spring break.
Bravo describes the new show as a "no-holds-barred look into the life of one of America's most legitimate taste-makers as she balances running her wildly successful PR company, People's Revolution, juggling fashion weeks in New York and London, with being a single mother and one of New York's most notable women about town."

Even though the first episode is two months away, we already know our favorite scene -- it's going to be the one where some sad-sack seat squatter naively tries to poach a prized front-row seat at a Cutrone-produced runway show and gets their gluteus maximus very publicly handed to them in front of the entire Bravo nation.
"Kell on Earth" indeed.
-- Adam Tschorn
latimes.com

I'm looking forward to this. Love her!^_^

I will definitely watch this, she is the only good thing on The City!

Yay I can't wait to watch this. I love how she puts everyone in their place. I loved her in The Hills and especially in The City!!

Kell On Earth

I didn't see a thread for Kelly Cutrone's new show, Kell on Earth, on Bravo. Some of us know her from The Hills and The City... but I cannot wait for her own show on Bravo and if her book gets good reviews I may just buy it.

Bravo's Newest Docu-Series Follows Fashion PR Guru Kelly Cutrone

Bravo's newest docu-series is about to give you an inside look at the cutthroat world of fashion, starring none other than the woman at the center of it all, Kelly Cutrone. Get ready to enter "Kell on Earth," premiering February 1st at 10pm.
Cutrone has been called one of the "coolest, most intimidating persons ever," and, judging from her frank demeanor and fashion world credibility, it's easy to see why. Bravo takes a no holds barred look into the life of one of America's most legitimate tastemakers as she balances running her wildly successful fashion PR company, People's Revolution, juggling Fashion Weeks in New York and London, with being a single mother and one of New York's most notable women about town.
Founder of the powerhouse PR firm People's Revolution, Cutrone is a major player in the fashion world. A notable New Yorker and a force to be reckoned with, Cutrone lives a fast-paced, whirlwind life juggling her business in a tough economic climate, organizing major fashion shows across the world, and managing the everyday hectic pace of People's Revolution. Somewhere in between she manages to make time for her personal life, which includes being a proud single mom to daughter Ava, and writing her first book "If You Have To Cry, Go Outside."

http://sandiegofashioncalendar.type...es-follows-fashion-pr-guru-kelly-cutrone.html

Preview of her show that starts on 2/1/2010 on Bravo

I can't wait to see this!! i hope i can see it online somewhere since i live in spain... :blush:
please comment how it was!

omg this was like the best show ever invented. its my all time fav show and there has only been one episode.

Oh my Kell... how do I love thee? Let me count the ways... :heart:

kell On Earth

Kell On Earth

A New series on Bravo following the professional and sometimes personal life of Mother-Independent-Power Girl-Hardworking-Leader-Genius-Business Woman-Fashion Industry Public Relations Leader, Kelly Cutrone.

I saw the premier last night on Bravo and I loved it! This show sucks you in and shows you the grunt work behind this fabulous and effortless looking world.

Kelly and her team work together to create true greatness.

Man, their jobs look HARD!!!!:cry::lol:B):wink:

Last night marked the premiere of Bravo's latest magnum opus, Kell on Earth, a sassier Hills-esque show documenting the day-to-day happenings at Kelly Cutrone's renowned PR firm People's Revolution. After a long night of work, I somewhat anxiously but nonetheless excitedly pressed that fatal button on my Tivo, and was immediately transported into KC's fantasy world, where b*tch is the official tongue. The spunky sleep-deprived brunette is, in my opinion, much more puzzling than anything in Avatar, although unlike the big screen blockbuster, I think I might have made some progress in understanding her mystique. Avatar is still lost on me (16 years of production and "unobtanium" is the best you could come up with? Really?).
But I digress. Now let me preface this by stating that I have no formal training in psychology, behavioral studies, or gender theory. Nonetheless, I continue. In the first episode of Kell on Earth we are introduced to the PR team, including the effervescent Robyn, the ultra glossed Ativan-pushing Andrew S, and the dynamic dirty-blonde duo Stefanie S and Stephanie V (PR tends to hire people with the same moniker, thus promoting the kindergarten classroom practice of attaching a final initial to someone's name in the event of doubling). The true star and ultimate enigma, however, is KC's personal assistant Mr. Andrew Mukamal. The towering, androgynous former stylist dons multiple mesh get-ups in the show's first episode, and always makes sure to accessorize with an arrangement of Goth studded rings and bracelets. Naturally we'd assume he was an unapproachable freakazoid, but upon opening his mouth it's revealed that on the inside he's... remarkably normal.
Kelly explains "I hired Andrew because I got really tired of interviewing blonde girl after blonde girl... so when Andrew walked in I was really excited because he was all in black and he had on all this bondage jewelry, and I think he was wearing a skirt." As the episode continues, we come to see that despite their unorthodox aesthetics, Kelly and Andrew make up a pretty standard New York working-woman-and-gay-best-friend power couple. My thesis: the key to understanding Kelly and Andrew is to understand that they are really one person, soul mates.
Essentially, Kelly is the brains of the operation and Andrew is... the gay/goth equivalent of brawn? Kelly has the balls that Andrew lacks, and Andrew has the weave Kelly secretly dreams about. On their own, Kelly is like a professional ballet dancer in a wheelchair, and Andrew is like... a mannequin. But when they come together, the house lights go down, models line up, and a masterpiece unfolds. Whether it's Kelly's top-priority search for a big-footed big-nosed beau for Andrew, or Andrew's understandable inability to complete Kelly's monumental assignments, it's clear that these two are made for each other. Over the next couple months, we lucky viewers can see this powerful pair reclaim the PR industry by storm, and who wouldn't want to watch that?
Watch Bravo's Kell On Earth Mondays at 10 PM.
source | papermag

Does anyone of you know where/how to watch this outside the US ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->