Kenzo x H&M

Oh dear, what an eyesore. :huh:

The tiger printed items are kind of cute I guess..

i hate to admit that i am completely attracted to the women's military coat with the animal print and blue furry collar (which is fully removeable, thankfully). :blush:

I'm strangely drawn to this scarf..
It looks quite thin though.

1476428384-7999.jpg

elle.com

Thanks for sharing the pricelist!

I can get "real" Kenzo for cheaper and/or the same price. Not sure the strategy is here...

Smh, people already asking me where it is in my store (I work at h&m) but we only get it at the Portland store here in Oregon. It looks okay but damn it all looks so unwearable.

I like the collection and I personally think its the best in years. Every piece looks interesting and unique if I can use that word describing mass-market collection. But new fashion is about not how it is but how it looks, no? And it looks special.
Of course, lookbook is overstyled and everything looks not wearable but I can imagine use one bright piece from collaboration and the rest of the outfit left calm and safe. And I love the idea that I can buy something from men part of the collection.
But prices... Too much? I thought the whole idea of H&M collaborations was cool designer's stuff but with a low price?

the only item that caught my eyes is the tote bag that looks like their shopping bag.

But prices... Too much? I thought the whole idea of H&M collaborations was cool designer's stuff but with a low price?

I think that the prices are really cheap in comparison to other collaborations. Stuff from $40 seems reasonable. The big coats for $400 also quite cheap, specially if you compare them with regular black coats you can get for $150 in Zara or Mango.

Smh, people already asking me where it is in my store (I work at h&m) but we only get it at the Portland store here in Oregon. It looks okay but damn it all looks so unwearable.

Big thank you to HM that they are a lot more low key this time with Kenzo, vs what it was with Balmain the last time, shoving it in your face in all possible medium :rolleyes:

I can get "real" Kenzo for cheaper and/or the same price. Not sure the strategy is here...

I totally agree. Correct me if I'm wrong but every H&M collaboration so far has been much more accessible and the most expensive items have been rather elaborate pieces like those beaded Balmain dresses.

Perhaps this is an attempt to lure the existing H&M customer to Kenzo stores. A lot of hype is usually created around these collaborations as they are supposed to be "exclusive" and many people shell out more than they would normally do for the clothes. So when they don't manage to get something and realize the "real deal" is within a similar price range, they might as well go to a Kenzo store. Maybe it will prove to be a smart strategy.

Where do you guys shop real Kenzo at similar prices than H&M? :o

everything is at least twice as much if you check Kenzo´s online store. The most noticeable item imo is the jumper -ugly tiger aside-, real Kenzo retails for $200 vs H&M´s $60!

Kenzo goes into the sale at pretty much all places it's sold. I've seen it reduced very, very cheaply at Selfridges in the past.

^Thank you. That´s just my luck, never been in town for sales :cry:

^^ That tiger sweater only cost around 150 Euro ish in Kenzo stores (CMIIW) and on sale they're only around 80 Euro to 100. The tshirt only 50 Euro.

There's a Kenzo dress currently on saks.com for $510. Retail. Not on sale.
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...&sid=157D47B8ED03&Ntt=kenzo&N=0&bmUID=lvkkdfs

Here's another for $485: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...&sid=157D47B8ED03&Ntt=kenzo&N=0&bmUID=lvkkdft

There is a Kenzo H&M dress in the collection for $549.

Also if you shop off price at retailers like The Outnet or even during Net-a-porter's annual sale you can get Kenzo at far lower prices than these H&M retail prices. (Specifically the higher ticket items.)

I just think this collection is severely overpriced compared to the previous ones. Versace & Lanvin were all cheaper than this for the most part. This actually reminds me of how overpriced Isabel Marant was. I saw that inventory in H&M for weeks and that is not usually the case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->