Kim Gordon

MulletProof

Reaction score
she's one of my favorite musicians of all time, I wanted to make a thred about her since quite a while but I thought her fan base here was really small and I just saw the androgynous thread and noticed there are more fans so here it is..:P

i think she's very talented and has a great sense of fashion, apart from a beautiful voice:heart:
Kim-Gordon-2.jpg

FRANCE-MUSIC-SONIC-YOUTH-49.jpg

if this has to be in the Art of Noise section, feel free to move it:D

:heart: i have always liked her...there is something so mature about her.
t9.jpg

o my god, she looks like bowie (recent bowie) in the hedi slimane picture!

anna karina said:
o my god, she looks like bowie (recent bowie) in the hedi slimane picture!
she really does:o :lol:
I knew you'd come to this thread, anna :heart:

with courtney love...i know there is lots of courtney bashing going on here but i loved pre-surgery courtney anyway
clove&kimgordon.jpg

free kitten
05-free_kitten.jpg

with her family
12-kim-thur-coco.jpg

stefano giovanni is the photographer by the way

and you knew i'd be here as well....

What ever happened to Xgirl? wasn't she doing that back in the mid 90s? She had me hooked when I first heard EVOL in 1986!

anna karina said:
with courtney love...i know there is lots of courtney bashing going on here but i loved pre-surgery courtney anyway
clove&kimgordon.jpg

such a great picture, and courtney does look great there :o

chris: :clap:

The second dress ( marc jacobs , i think ) reminds me of Zoe Cassavetes. I saw her wear it first.

i like it much better when sh dresses in a more androgynous way...i think it suits her looks better...

i just feel like when she puts on a frou four dress or something that she looks like she's in drag...and i don't think it's flattering... it's like chrissie hynde wearing a lacy dress...uh uh...!!

love the calvin klein ad ...for example...i think that look suits her best...

she's great! :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
purechris said:
and you knew i'd be here as well....

What ever happened to Xgirl? wasn't she doing that back in the mid 90s? She had me hooked when I first heard EVOL in 1986!

I think she was helping with Xgirl as was Ione Skye...it was so great (i remember the thrill i got when i ordered my first red/white striped tshirt from them through the mail.) they were some of the first to do that skate crossover style (them and POot! by Foundation). I think they ended up cutting it out or maybe just limiting it to Japan as the whole industry for that style got mainstream and tired (think: Roxy). Also, i'm not so sure the X-Large stores were doing so well (they shut the one here in Toronto; i'm not sure if the one in NYC still exists) as Beastie/ New School- Old school style died down.

Ahh quite the trip down memory lane.

One thing's for sure, Marc Jacobs owes a lot to the likes of Ms. Gordon!

catherinea said:
The second dress ( marc jacobs , i think ) reminds me of Zoe Cassavetes. I saw her wear it first.
Oh, how I love that dress.

She's cool as a cucumber...B)

softgrey said:
i like it much better when sh dresses in a more androgynous way...i think it suits her looks better...

i just feel like when she puts on a frou four dress or something that she looks like she's in drag...and i don't think it's flattering... it's like chrissie hynde wearing a lacy dress...uh uh...!!

love the calvin klein ad ...for example...i think that look suits her best...

she's great! :flower:
i think she looks great in both ways..like you say..she sometimes looks a bit weird in flashy dresses but I think it makes her look a bit younger and she looks a bit too old when she puts on the androgynous look..though well, she's old:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->