Knee/Thigh High Socks

My prada knee high socks always slide down my thighs... any suggestions on how to prevent this?>

seriously, this is the bane of my existence too. over-the-knee socks always either slide down my thighs to bunch below my knees, or cut into my thighs in a really unflattering way making it look like i'm, you know, not as thin as i am. gross.

also i have this problem where i think my legs are too long to wear them and if i wear over-the-knee socks with a skirt i just end up looking REALLY TRASHY and nothing will remedy this. sigh. life is so hard.

I see the shoes as a problem as well... I think they look great with boots...But most ballerinas,sneakers,...are dangerous. That can look very, very odd.

i like both of them, a bit more of the below-the-knee lengh, i even bought a pair THREE YEARS AGO, and i've never worn them because i am not pleased with how i look in them, i need to experiment and find the right outfit to go with them!!

I am obsessed with thigh high socks. I literally wear them with every outfit I can get away with (night time only though)

They look best when worn with shoe boots or chunky wedges..

I want these :smile:
anthropologie.com
sockr.jpg

(I'd probably wear them as lounge wear, but they're too cute!!!! :smile:)

when worn the right way, i absolutely love the thigh high sock look

seriously, this is the bane of my existence too. over-the-knee socks always either slide down my thighs to bunch below my knees, or cut into my thighs in a really unflattering way making it look like i'm, you know, not as thin as i am. gross.

I bought two pairs of thigh-high socks from Target (in black and gray) and they're so comfortable. Unlike others, these don't slide down my thighs or cut into them. Unfortunately, I don't remember the brand (I think they're xhiliration). I've just worn them with boots though.

labellevie - the anthropologie socks are too cute!

Last edited by a moderator:
A recipe for instant thigh high socks - grab a pair of 80 denier opaque tights - cut at the top of the thigh - pull on, and fold the top down.

I always loose my proper over the knee socks so I'm always chopping up my good tights!

Just got 3 pairs of 1950s vintage stay up thigh high and when I say thigh high I mean it they are great and still have their elasticity and they really do stay up and they have all this great seaming in them besides the back seam and the tops of them have a really cool pattern.

I absolutely love this look! The weather is finally beginning to warm up, and I love wearing my high socks with T-strap kitten heels. Adding "cool" socks to some looks can give it that extra something the look, otherwise, might have been lacking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->