Kooba bags

Olivia M. said:
Quality along the lines of other made-in-China bags (IF, Coach), but Sienna connection means it's twice the price. Design is rather meh.

Kooba changed the leather on their bags for the fall season. It is not as distressed as the previous version Scarlett's and Sienna's which is a shame because I loved the leather on the spring season bags - gave it a more western edge. I actually had the Sienna when it first made it's debut in the spring but returned it, not because I didn't like the style or leather but because there were other bags I wanted more for the price tag.

I haven't seen the new fall Scarlett's and Sienna's so cannot comment on quality but from photos, the leather looks more shiny and smooth, which takes away from that western/boho look.

I rather like my Kooba claudia hobo - very cute and nicely made, I think. To each her own.

youngprof said:
I rather like my Kooba claudia hobo - very cute and nicely made, I think. To each her own.

I have Lucy, Claudia's big sister! You're right, this collection is very nicely made with the washed, antiqued leather. Lucy is one of my favorite bags right now, up there with Chloe and Gucci! I rotate all quite frequently.

I'm glad I found this discussion. I purchased a Kooba Natalia today at Bendel's. I love it because it has a delicate look to it, the color (espresso) is just the right brown (didn't know it until I saw the bag, if you know what I mean) and the leather is quite yummy. :D

But I must say, I got a little freaked out by the "distressed" look (kinda has that well worn effect in certain spots).

Here's the bag and the link from Bergdorf's (bendel's website not available at the moment).

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/stor...d=cat208402&masterId=cat203101&index=3&cmCat=

Last edited by a moderator:
Luna said:
congrats on the new bag, Lexi

Thanks Luna :D .

I haven't had time to take to look at it since I got home last night. I really adore the bag and amazingly NEED it. But, the distressing on the bag is a tad of an issue for me. :rolleyes: Bendel's had two, and I gave each a thorough inspection. As you can tell I'm kinda anal about things like this. Stressing 'bout the distressing. :( :shock:

I have to check it out again to assure myself when I look at it I won't be thinking, how did I get bleach stains on my bag? .... or, what did the bag rub up against. I'll get over it I'm sure. :P

I haven't really kept track of Kooba bags, but this simple one from the bergdorfgoodman.com website caught my eye (esp. the distressing). Has anyone seen it IRL, and can comment on the quality of the leather?

Greendrv said:
I haven't really kept track of Kooba bags, but this simple one from the bergdorfgoodman.com website caught my eye (esp. the distressing). Has anyone seen it IRL, and can comment on the quality of the leather?

Hi Greendry,
I was at Bendel's, Barney's and Bergdorf's looking at Kooba bags on Saturday. Not sure if that one (slouch) was there, but I saw many, and in fact purchased the Natalia. The leather is very soft to the touch (yummy), but has a texture to it. The "distressing" is random from bag to bag. It vary from a subltle "worn effect" to a more pronounced "spotting effect". Hope this helps. :D

I like the shape but am not so sure about the quality though for that price.

Can someone tell me if the current Kooba Sienna's have Kooba logo lining or suede lining. My friend just bought one on ebay that has Kooba logo lining (even though the pictured bag had suede lining), so I'm worried it may be fake.

I love that Kooba bag, I spend alot of dough last week, so I have to hold off, but I love it

boymom said:
Can someone tell me if the current Kooba Sienna's have Kooba logo lining or suede lining. My friend just bought one on ebay that has Kooba logo lining (even though the pictured bag had suede lining), so I'm worried it may be fake.

The current season has suede (actually cotton suede) lining but past seasons had Kooba print lining. I had the Sienna, Justine and Emma at one point (purchased from reputable department stores) and both had Kooba print lining. I currently have Shelby from the Fall 04 season and Lucy from the Fall 05 season. Shelby has Kooba print logo and Lucy has the suede.

there are already kooba fakes right now, so be careful even if buying on ebay..

Olivia M. said:
Quality along the lines of other made-in-China bags (IF, Coach), but Sienna connection means it's twice the price. Design is rather meh.
Excuse me. Coach bags are high quality, and some are made in China. Anyways we had a customer come in whose Kooba bag fell apart in Bloomindales, she was carrying it in a Bloomingdales shopping bag. She bought like two bags.

hello

i am new to this forum, very fun by the way, but i was wondering if someone can tell me how to tell if a sienna kooba bag is fake. i found one on ioffer.com and am wondering if i should buy it but am hesitant because i don't want to buy a fake! thank you!

iluvnordies, just about all the bags on ioffer are fakes (I would say 100% are fakes, but certainly all the bags that are going for sell than retail are fakes).

^^^yah!!! thanks! guess i just needed to hear it from someone else besides myself. thanks

How well do these bags hold up to everyday use? I"m thinking about buying a sienna to tote around small notebooks/books when i'm travelling light around campus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnV
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->