Koto Bolofo - Photographer

Estella*

a dim capacity for wings
Reaction score
a topic on him was long overdue...

his comme des garcons editorial in the recent german vogue is a beautiful reason to start one...

:heart::heart::heart:

(source german vogue september '05, scans by me, my scanner is good but i'm not:P)

hp_scanDS_581618371843.jpg

hp_scanDS_58161852929.jpg

those are really beautiful, anna. the clothes help. :P :heart: .

that's one big editorial. stunning. :heart:

today's my friend's birthday and i made her a stupid drawing of the cdg hat in artpad..:ninja: :lol: :wacko: .

^ oh! (link??)tell her happy birthday from me:heart:

last one
hp_scanDS_581618405340.jpg

last one's pretty!. god, when my local vogue dedicates an entire editorial to one particular designer, which doesnt happen very often, it's always chanel..or proenza schouler!. meh. :(

cant put the link on public display, it's dangerous for my reputation. :lol:

some more from jedroot and bwgreyscale:
this reminds me of tim walker a bit, in fact i have the vogue italia issue i believe it was in ... and it came right after a walker spread^_^

the aesthetics are rather different when he works with black & white, more 'clouded' and 'meaningful', i think.

very nice editorial, thanks, anna karina:smile:, looks different from what i've seen at jedroot
more atmospheric and dreamy...
i like his work with siluets and shadows too:
from jedroot.com
kb-23-06.jpg

kb-39-06.jpg

kb-28-04.jpg
:flower:

^no, i'm sorry, they don't.

mirrra, i agree. it's a bit different ... i like the images you posted, they have something so sombre...

Yes, I think it's Viktoria Sekrier (sp?).

Thank you so much for the scans Anna. They remind me more than any other part of his portfolio of how much I like photography. I just can't recall where I've seen him besides jedroot :doh:

Koto Bolofo was born in South Africa and until 1992 lived in exile in Europe as a political refugee. A top fashion and commercial photographer, Bolofo's portrait work has appeared in Esquire, The New York Times Magazine, Interview, GQ, Vogue, and Marie Claire, among others. In addition to 'Sibusiso Mbhele and His Fish Helicopter,' Bolofo has written, produced, and directed four other films shown at international film festivals over the past decade. He has exhibited his work in galleries in London and Paris, as well as at the Louvre. Bolofo currently resides in France.
http://www.photoeye.com/templates/ShowDetails.cfm?RecordID=13785

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->