Kristin Ferrandino

amandagian

Reaction score
I apologize if this isn’t in the right section for any reason. I scoped the forums out for a bit and figured this post would better suit this section than any other. Trying to learn the ropes

There’s a lot of hype surrounding this kid. One year ago, I couldn’t pronounce her name and now I’m seeing her in my favorite magazines (well, only spotted her in French Glamour and Italian Elle but scoped out the fact that she’ll be in Karen Magazine New Zealand, Teen Vogue, among others soon...).

When I arrived at NY Fashion Week the other day, I saw this pint-sized (maybe no more than 5’2” girl teetering on 5’7” from ridiculously tall heels in black jeans, a McQueen belt (the one with all the chains I WAITED IN LINE FOR), black lace top, and sunglasses walk into the Promenade. She was immediately bombarded by photographers. I heard people buzzing about her but few people knew who she was exactly. I did hear someone whisper, “It’s Kristin... that girl from prim.”

So I’m always intrigued by those who attract the lenses so I did a little research on her from what I heard. It turns out the girl who is gracing the glossy pages is not a actress or model (well, kinda is), she creates the glossy pages people star on... she’s a freakin’ magazine editor. I came across her website for prim. Magazine a while ago on Teen Vogue but didn’t think anything of it, really. I figured it was just another mag started by a 20-somewhat year old that was hoping to break into the business. Boy, was I wrong.

I really like her style because it’s “basicy”-chic with undeniable edginess. She doesn’t seem to fall into the trappings of Hipsterland like Cory & Co. and I really appreciate that. THERE IS HOPE!

I friended her on Facebook to scope out more pictures of her. I also did a search online but it seems there aren’t many shots online from the shows yet... she just appears in magazine regularly. She basically had a lot of press shots/photo shoots on her FB so I’ll upload them from there.

If you see any more shots or have scans... post them! I’m way intrigued by this little... mogul?

2nbvus4.jpg

2469x6p.jpg

2niabnd.jpg

2qkuety.jpg

qy7frt.jpg

14lt654.jpg

EDIT: You know what? A lot of these shots are old. I love her “newer” style. Figures that as soon as I go back to her Facebook to scoop up the newer images, it says her profile is down for maintenance (FB’s been saying that a lot lately). grrrrr :doh: . I’ll be back later with cooler shots.

2ywbkly.jpg

CREDIT FOR ALL PHOTOS: Facebook

French Glamour article -- found translation, too:
They're ages 14 to 16, Miu Miu and Prada are their religion, and they have a wardrobe to make Eva Longoria jealous. Here are these "baby trendsetters" who are changing the world."

They are named Jane, Kristin, Arabelle and Chloe, they live in the United States, and all seem to have walked right out of a fashion magazine. Designer pieces, oversize necklaces, high heels, they perfectly master the codes of the "it girl." Models? Fashion editors? No, just high schoolers who love to go shopping with their mothers. Except that in their closets, you'll find Miu Miu shoes and Chanel jackets and that with their knowledge of fashion, they'd be able to hold a conversation with Carine Roitfled. More innovators than fashionistas, they don't follow trends, they influence them. They've all already posed for Teen Vogue, and the sites of Jane and Arabelle have shaken up the blogosphere. Elizabeth Spiridakis, style blogger for the New York Times, admits to have almost "cried" in discovering Arabelle's blog, stunned by the young woman's stylistic maturity, and the French blogger Punky B. was flabbergasted when stumbling upon Jane's blog: "I devoured it all at once, it was impossible to stop." Drunk on "fashion based shows" - television programs dedicated to fashion - and others, Gossip Girl, they study the fashion culture like pros. They're combing through magazines, spending hours in vintage boutiques, and creating "mood boards" - the tableaus used by fashion editors - which they show on their blogs. So Miley Cyrus, the heroine of the Disney show "Hannah Montana," photographed by Annie Leibovitz for the cover of "Vanity Fair" at age 15, doesn't really make an impression on them. Kristin is starting an online fashion magazine, while Chloe celebrated her 15th birthday backstage at New York fashion week. Attention - they've arrived! Kate Moss and her friends had better watch out.

KRISTIN FERRANDINO, The coolest fan of Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, does not follow trends, she invents them.
In April 2008, she created her own online fashion magazine -www.primmagazine.com- which aims at "make the invisible visible".
It's a condencation of what's cool in New York, unknown designers and indie rock singers.
"It was quite simple", says Kristin. "At first it was just a project to take care. My parents helped me financially and everything began".
Today she works on "Prim issue" between tests in high school.
Whether her family think that she is "crazy" when she's walking with her high heels, and wearing biker gloves at lunchtime, the most important for Kristin is "to stay oneself". So in this case, a real creature which looks escaped from the 80s New York , fan of Balenciaga boots, vintage and leather. Yes, Kristin is 14.
Her dress code for winter: everything depends on her mood but what it makes her dreaming is a pair of boots with zip everywhere and loops, rock trend.
What she will never wear: "Ugg boots. Maybe it's hype, but it's ugly. And when a thing is fashion, if it's ugly, it's ugly."
Kristin's model? Olsen's twins.
At 14, Kristin has already understood that attitude makes style.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whaaat as if there's a post for her here! That's great! I've been helping with Prim since it's launch (not so much anymore, I'm still a huge supporter of course) and I'm the one who invited who to the fashion spot (wow im seriosuly being a namedropper). Lol she's great though, really has her sh*t together and works so hard at her magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->