L.A.M.B. by Gwen Stefani

If I'm not mistaken, you can buy items from Nordstrom's. A L.A.M.B. sweater was featured in an issue of Teen Vogue.

I like the plaid coat featured on the website. Other than that I am not really impressed. I can get similar things cheaper in other places.

thanks for the link mutterlein...seems like it's taken forever to get that site up...

those pics are great...
i agree meg-great styling...

the prices are pretty hefty though...i guess they fall into the 'contemporary' category...
over $500 for the plaid coat... :wacko: :ninja:

i really like this tailcoat...reminds me of y's...but isn't $395.00 a bit high?... :( :unsure:

there are a few designers for the label i believe..her stylist is working on it (andrea something) and also zaldy...who also has his own collection which he showed in ny this season... :flower:

i see all of her influences...
galliano for dior, westwood, yohji, comme... i guess if you likee that stuff it is cheaper than the others...but i'd rather buy y's than l.a.m.b. or westwood red label...it's about the same price... :ermm: ^_^

I like alot of the stuff...unlike other celebrity lines this one isn't tacky and logo whored out. It has some class and taste in it...some people don't take this seriously yet but I think it'll last quite a long time. I wish other celebrity lines were more like this.

This is from Gwen's lyrics taken out of her song, "Harajuku Girls".

Did you see your inspiration in my latest collection
Just wait til you get your little hands on L.A.M.B.
Cause it's super kawaii, that means super cute in Japanese
The streets of Harajuku are your catwalk

So apparently, she got alot of inspiration when she frequents Japan and the locals' street style. YAY! I can't wait.

I have the stuff in the store and it doesn't move. Can't figure out if it's because it's a celebrity line, too high a price, GIGANTIC tags that you don't know what to do with, or what. I always thought it was a cool line, unrelated to Gwen, but now that she is tying it all together (good god, even a song lyric about her line), I'm finding it all a little tired. I think her little hirajiku shadows are absolutely ridiculous and calling them Love, Angel, Music, Baby is even more so. :rolleyes:
She is turning into another marketing tool......sad, I always thought she was cool.

i sort of agree with what chris is saying...and i would have to say that the prices are too high...or not high enough...

which pieces did you buy chris?...

Originally posted by purechris@Nov 30 2004, 03:53 PM
I have the stuff in the store and it doesn't move. Can't figure out if it's because it's a celebrity line, too high a price, GIGANTIC tags that you don't know what to do with, or what. I always thought it was a cool line, unrelated to Gwen, but now that she is tying it all together (good god, even a song lyric about her line), I'm finding it all a little tired. I think her little hirajiku shadows are absolutely ridiculous and calling them Love, Angel, Music, Baby is even more so. :rolleyes:
She is turning into another marketing tool......sad, I always thought she was cool.
[snapback]445097[/snapback]​

I think the clothes are great. I really don't like the Love, Angel, Music, Baby thing because it's so cliche and girly but I don't think she is turning into a marketing tool. And even if it is shameless self-promotion at least she is trying to sell clothes that are decent and not completely fashion catastrophic.

Weren't we having this conversation over drinks?....and I was all for the line :ninja:

I've got a shredded blazer (denim with a fabic cover:(heart: , the wrap turtleneck, the glen plaid trouser-very cool and the pencil skirt with chiffon in the back slits-awesome! Don't really know why it's not moving. Some of the pieces are actually really nicely constructed.

Spring has some pieces that are a straight up rip off of Galliano. (Jackets and pants with garters attached anyone)

Originally posted by sassandviolet@Nov 30 2004, 07:00 PM
Oh! Thanks dear. :heart:
[snapback]445109[/snapback]​

no problem... :flower:

Originally posted by sassandviolet@Nov 30 2004, 06:59 PM
And even if it is shameless self-promotion at least she is trying to sell clothes that are decent and not completely fashion catastrophic.
[snapback]445108[/snapback]​

I def agree with you here. I do think that she is getting over exposed and it might end up hurting the line in the future. Like I said, I really like a lot of the line, but it just isn't performing for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->