L.A.M.B. by Gwen Stefani

It's this skirt in a muted natural plaid:
[attachmentid=33109]

There are 2 slits in the back which have chiffon "godets" (for lack of a better word) I ordered the shirt and I don't think it ever made it through production....
and this trouser:[attachmentid=33109]

I really like these. They remind me of what Chloe was doing last year, not quite as full in the thigh as this years.

I have no idea how those pics are in there twice. Tried to edit....

hmm...are the trousers plaid?...how much please?...

glen plaid tan, blk and red (same as the skirt on shopbop)
retail $195 (4U?....... B)
PM me.

actually ...that skirt's pretty great...hmmm...
i see what you mean by the chiffon at the back chris...
and the diagonal zipper is very very vivienne westwood...like these trousers...

It's cute, but it's all such copies, and the price is to high.

I just saw tons of fall L.A.M.B. at a Houston boutique called Pixie and Ivy. Alot of tank tops, sweaters, plaid, argyle, and I really liked those little pencil skirts with the assymetrical front zipper and funny godet thing in the back. I don't know, nothing that made me want to break out the credit cards but I think it's totally cute how much she talks about her line in her lyrics. References to L.A.M.B is all over her new album, if I were her I'd be excited too. I love her whole energy right now.

I feel like the line should be less costly. Many of the pieces are overpriced.

Originally posted by Mutterlein@Dec 1 2004, 06:49 AM
I feel like the line should be less costly. Many of the pieces are overpriced.
[snapback]445741[/snapback]​

i feel the same way... i do like the pencil skirts though.

The collection is better than I expected, and the looks on the LAMB website make the clothes look very appealing, but I think it's just the styling, and that individually they aren't very original, especially for the prices! :ninja:

I liked the tailored coat softgrey posted, however.

It looks better than most celebrity lines, but the prices seem high for what is - essentially a collection full of copies.

Furthermore I find it a bid sad to use an album to promote the line. I certainly now I’m not listening to music and buying an album to listen to commercials…

so everyone seems to agree that it's overpriced, unoriginal and generally annoying that she's writing songs about it...but it's still cute...

if it makes anyone feel better...
the vivienne westwood pants i posted are about $1000 and the skirt is only about $300...
so if you look at it that way...then i guess it's a 'bargain'... :wink: :lol: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 30 2004, 08:31 PM
actually ...that skirt's pretty great...hmmm...
i see what you mean by the chiffon at the back chris...
and the diagonal zipper is very very vivienne westwood...like these trousers...
[snapback]445168[/snapback]​
i have a few pieces from l.a.m.b., and i must say i really do like them. they're well constructed and the fabrics are very nice. i don't really think that the prices are too high for what you're getting. i have that pencil skirt with the chiffon godets in the back, in black stretch wool (i'm actually wearing it today) and it's one of my favorites. :wub: i also have a leopard print cashmere cardigan sweater with pearl buttons that i love.

yes sometimes gwen's inspirations are apparent, but i don't really think i'd go as far as calling them "copies."
she doesn't intend to, nor do i think she'd want to, rip anyone off. she just knows what she likes :wink:

i find it kind of sad that people keep thinking of l.a.m.b. as just another 'celebrity line,' when gwen is actually taking this very seriously. it's an actual clothing line (don't forget that), and not just yet another sh*tty one-off to sell an album by plastering her name all over t-shirts (a'la j.lo i guess?). i hope the line really takes off.

yes Soft, the skirt is VERY good!

and I'm sure it looks great on nuiko....why is it that you haven't been posting in a while, but I can totally see this outfit on you...

You're right. It is an actual clothing line and a lot of it is very well made. I don't think it's too expensive, but it could be less. (To be quite honest, the markup on it is pretty high...shhhh) I do think that she has great style and she really wants to be doing this, but please keep it separate. I think a "commercial" on her latest CD is silly. The marketing could be much more sophisticated. I also think the tags that say "whoever wears this garment will be touched by love" are pretty queer....

:woot: ...LOL...*cough*...*gag*...do the tags actually say that?

oh buh - ruther !!... :doh: :rolleyes: :lol:

Yes!
The hangtags, not the one on the garment. They come with a rasta striped ribbon looped and have miscellanious buttons/badges that have to do with L.A.M.B. attached. The garment tag is HUGE, about 2.5x7 inches rasta striped silk. I tell people to cut them out. S/S had big Made in China tags that were incredibly visible. (I cut those out myself shhhh) I told the sales rep that I thought they were awful and others must have agreed because this season they are less conspicuous.

i found these pants at j crew that i think i actually like better and they are way cheaper...HA!! :woot: :innocent:

and look at this cute jacket... :heart: :P

the jacket is way cute. Wouldn't it look great if you deconsturcted the hems and edges......hmmmm
I just bought some good plaid wool. Thinking of trying a pair of semi bondage pants...interested in a scarf Soft?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgabes8
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"