La Fashion Shows

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by wyatt., Mar 26, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. wyatt.

wyatt. New Member

why do the los angeles shows get such a bad wrap? or that's what it seems like.

the only stand out designer of them is richard tyler but other than that they pretty much go unmentioned.

richard tyler
    |
    |
    V

2. Atelier

Atelier Hoppity Hop

Read this.

3. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

Is sad taht LA fashion becomes more about celebrities than designers, there are so many good people trying to stay aflote and do their own thing.

4. tealady

tealady New Member

Yes, I don't really think of LA as having much of a fashion industry, when it comes to producing clothing. Of course, that could be me, misinformed. I think of it as a showcase for clothing designed and manufactured elsewhere.

5. Atelier

Atelier Hoppity Hop

Under an old economic model, every legitimate first world nation was so supposed to have an auto industry. Eerily similar is the idea that every city must have a "fashion week." L.A. has been disjointed but every season it showcases some (and remember some only means at least one) extremely first rate designs, e.g., susanelizabeth. Streamlining and moving it up to just after Paris is a good move in the right direction. Whether it ultimately matters only time (and buyers' interest) will tell.

6. Amélie

Amélie New Member

RICHARD TYLER!!! good ol' aussie...

7. Atelier

Atelier Hoppity Hop

Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Smashbox Studios
    Fall 2004 Collections March 29 - April 2, 2004

Schedule, participating designers, pictures and videos available on the official site: http://www.mbshowsla.com/fall2004/home.html.

8. LolitaLuxe

LolitaLuxe Vision of Paradise

9. mode_addict

mode_addict New Member

la tries to be cool to the point they aren't cool. fashion in la is to try to look cool. but i agree, richard tyler is the best that came out of la. he is not a good business man but a great designer. my friend worked under him for many years and has great samples that celebrities did not want and it's so awesome.