La meglio gioventù (The best of youth)

Party.in.Paris

Reaction score
This might be one of the best movie I've seen. It's a 6 hour-film, I guess it's why it's not that well-known.

As I really enjoyed watching it, I wanted to know if other people here have seen it and what was your thoughts on that movie :flower:

The Best of Youth (Italian: La Meglio Gioventù), is a 6 hour film directed by Marco Tullio Giordana that originally aired in Italy in from 2003-12-07 to 2003-12-15 on Rai Uno, the state television channel, in four 100 minute parts. It was also given a theatrical release in Italy in which 40 minutes of the original broadcast were edited out. The film was a sensation in Italy, winning many national film awards, and was also the recipient of the prestigious Un Certain Regard award at the 2003 Cannes Film Festival. In the U. S., the film was screened in several cities in two three-hour parts. The two-disk DVD of the film is similarly divided.
Giordana, who directed a film about the suspicious circumstances surrounding the death of poet and director Pier Paolo Pasolini, again paid tribute to the director in this film, as its title comes from a Pasolini poem. The film falls within the tradition of several Italian films that cover expansive times of Italian history through the story of one family, such as Rocco and His Brothers and The Leopard.
Source wikipedia.
read the full article, here !
Imdb => http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0346336/

(photos sources: nonsolocinema.forumcommunity.net - lemonde.fr - splinder.com - movieweb.com)

I think I've seen this movie but not entirely so I didn't get it completely. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to see it again, it really seems interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->