Labels Worth Your $.

pierre hardy for shoes

i absolutely love rick owens but he is a bit overpriced... i was in barneys and a wool blend wrap sweater was on sale for $1,300. it was a bit absurd because there was hardly anything intricate about the sweater. i had made something very similar in class for $20. but never the less, his stuff is amazing.

also, jil sander for the material quality.

chanel , it will always be in style, they do not vary to much... i will have it forever, and then it will be awesome vintage

rangerrick14 said:
Dior Homme
I disagree if we're talking currently. I ordered like ten pieces from F/W 05, and I've sold all of them because they were so terrible. And S/S 06 is the same, but with uglier pieces. I got one shirt on eBay for super cheap, and even then I couldn't bring myself to keep it.

AlexN said:
I disagree if we're talking currently. I ordered like ten pieces from F/W 05, and I've sold all of them because they were so terrible. And S/S 06 is the same, but with uglier pieces. I got one shirt on eBay for super cheap, and even then I couldn't bring myself to keep it.

I think with Dior it now takes a good amount of time and knowledge how the pieces come out in production if you want to pick up something that lasts in you wardrobe for a long time.

I still love, love the blazers and have a good use for one every season as they are a daily staple for me, but I don´t need overprized t-shirts, belts or sneakers. Basically anything street-y from Dior I don´t need and care for, it´s simply just certain jeans (I recently got myself a pair of orange overdyed jeans in 26" which fit amazingly now that they got a little softer) and of course the tailoring aspect of the collection.

victoria secret(those bra's never fall apart and if they do you can return it without a receipt OR tag), louis vuitton

seeing_double said:
Rochas...oh how I wish he would design menswear.

Ohhh god, and I thought I was the only one thinking this way...! I´d LOVE, LOVE one of these crinkled linen suits for myself... :heart:

tricotineacetat said:
Ohhh god, and I thought I was the only one thinking this way...! I´d LOVE, LOVE one of these crinkled linen suits for myself... :heart:

You are certainly not the only one. How great some of his fabric choices would look when incorporated in a menswear collection.:woot:

narciso rodriguez
prada shoes
marc jacobs shoes
ysl
splendid t-shirts
chanel
hermes

Levis
Louis Vuitton -Bags
Vans
Chanel
Kennth cole -Bags
Hermes
Ysl
Dolce&Gabbana -Depends on what your buying.

I think that's it for now for me any way.

If I were filthy rich even then I'd limit myself to Alberta Ferretti,Stella McCartney,Marc Jacobs,Marni,Carolina Herrera.

Narciso Rodriguez
Cloak
Yohji Yamamoto
Ysl
Helmut Lang (vintage)
Gucci (vintage)
Prada shoes ^^
Tom Ford (hopefully in the near future)

Last edited by a moderator:
AlexN said:
That's funny considering the last few posts on Rochas in this thread.

Maybe Lena has had a bad experience with the brand, but from what I have seen and heard the quality is excellent. I clearly do not wear Rochas myself but I have seen the clothing and it is frankly stunning.

I´ve got Rochas in the shop and know how it looks like worn over time, all I can tell is that the craftsmanship is of a very high, rigorous standard.

Also in terms of the fabrics, I don´t know a single brand that uses as exceptional, highly sophisticated and innovative fabrics as them (just look on these sharp stretch-linen suits and you know aht I mean), even taking into account what the Japanese are doing. So no, I don´t really see what Lena was seeing, so I´d be more than interested to hear what she was thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->