Lacey Victorian Shirt

imjennyyeh

Reaction score
post your favorite lacey victorian shirt!!!

im thinking of getting one..but i really want to get a nice,chic one..not some wannabe knockoff if u know wut i mean...so i need to see as many options as possible!!

Not really lacey.. more "knit" since it's a sweater... but here's mine.. the back even has a cute button hole thing with a pearl button... and it doesn't look like it.. but its' more of a half-turtleneck with ruffles on the edge...

05721_w.jpg

delias.com

i thought this would be a huge trend...
and maybe it is somewhere...
but i haven't seen it so much...

i have one...
adn i hav eyet to wear it out of the house...
just feels too costume-y...
and i'm not usually afraid of theatrical looks...
but this one just doesn't feel right to me somehow...

i don;'t know....
the season isn't over yet...
i may still do it....
or maybe i'll save it for spring...we'll see...

:P

I am positive high street labels will be making lots and lots of copies of the Balenciaga tops... ^_^

Eeek I bought one in navy blue , high neck and lace panel. I need to buy some dark denim though because it looks weird with black.

It would look nice with a mid/vintage blue denim too :flower: ^^
I like this trend, but I know every chain store is going to rip it off so..... meh I don't know If I'll bother :unsure:

I've seen them everywhere here, and I'm getting tired of them. I can never find one which fits me well, too. :(
But they are pretty cute.

they are everywhere...in the shops at least. I haven't really seen anyone wearing them...
I myself have found the only way to pull it off without looking too costume-y is to wear them layered under a deep v-neck sweater...but at the same time it feels a bit sad because they're too pretty to cover up.
I've just gotten another one, black, lacy and very violet baudelaire/lemony snicket...I'm thinking about trying it with a vintage wool a-line skirt...the simple lines seem to compliment these victorian shirts. but that said, the very nature of these shirts is pretty overtly historical, so unless you take the trendy route and just wear them with jeans, you need to wear them with a sense of irony, like "of course I look like I stepped out of an oscar wilde novel. what's it to you?" :P

^I agree with you!

You can try and tone the shirt down with jeans (the easy option) but I would just take it down the dramatic route.

utopia...you summed up my feelings perfectly...^_^...

lovely and ruffled and Lacey and embroidered...
high neck, puff sleeves...

vitoriana is having a moment...
and I'm ok with that...
:heart:

I'm looking for a nice one online. I want a black lacey one with full sleeves. So far I've only found vintage ones that I like so I might have to make one...

love these, they're great for feminine looks that emphasise the waist. I have a vintage 80s silk version with puffed sleeves and a concealed placket, it's gorgeous but doesn't look too 'cosplaying Victoriana' because it's a bright multicolour pattern. I'd still love a classic soft white or cream one though, super flattering and a nice change from all the boring 'minimalist' 'quiet luxury' stuff getting pushed now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->