Lacoste F/W 2018.19 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Feb 28, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

VOGUE.COM

4. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

5. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

Just because you show in Paris that doesn't mean your up to that standard. It's been proven time and time again that your work speaks for you, not your location.

6. TheoG

TheoG Moderator

^ This statement accurately sums up this collection. Felipe, has been phoning it since he's arrived in Paris. It's disappointing because he left NYC on a rather decent note.

7. StoneSkipper

StoneSkipper Well-Known Member

This. It's really sad because Felipe was making absolute magic in NYC, and this is just... not up to par.

8. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Active Member

Yes, I dont think that this kinda clothes fits Lacoste. I liked the SS collection only because it was easy to understand, this is a bit pretentious but I dont blame him, 'luxury-sporty-chic' is already a very saturated thing now and if the mission is make Lacoste relevant in fashion the conversation you have to go somewhere else. I think is the wrong mission to wrong guy.

9. Not Plain Jane

Not Plain Jane Well-Known Member

i love the environmental focus of the collection

and also what lacoste recently did with their polo, changing the croc to reflect different endangered species. very clever.

to me, this is a reflection of youth. the popovers, ponchos, bucket hats, cable /argyle knits, trench coats, track suits, glenn plaid are all very signature.

the botanical looks mainly work. the corduroy, denim and leather, not as much.

overall i think this is a great collection conceptually and a good one in terms of execution. enjoyed!