Lacoste

Reaction score
I used to NEVER see people wear Lacoste in So-Cal B) (other than my mom, and my tennis playing friends)...now I see it everywhere :blink: !

Thoughts? :innocent:

I remember that Lacoste was HUGE in the 80's in here!
(I was one of those kids w/the pink polo shirt and lil embroidered Croc)

Originally posted by eastsidecouturechic@Jan 17th, 2004 - 9:50 pm
hey all......quickie question...i know lacoste is french...so how do u pronounce it?
It's pronounced lack-ost (the ost, like ostridge and emphazing the T)

I love Lacoste. It is suppose to be ultra preppy according to the Preppy Handbook :innocent:

My family was really into Lacoste as I was growing up and I'd always wondered what those "ugly alligator/crocodiley shirts" were... :ninja:
But now I've grown to love them... they're ultra preppy and supercute :blush:

yeah, super preppy. the guys in my fraternity wear it with loafers, khakis and the polo with the collar flipped up. i've seen some of em even starching the collar so it stands up. i dunno, i can't pull off the collar up thing.

i think they're a great basic to any wardrobe. i enjoy the cut better than ralph lauren ones. lacoste polos are cut a little more trimmer and more flattering in my opinion.

guys in pink lacoste polos -- drooooool

Yeah I agree..they are cute, and although my style isn't normally "preppy", i love wearing the Lacoste shirts...they are nicely fitting, simple, and comfortable. :flower:

The thing is...although i don't stop wearing things becuase they are "trendy"...i do mind when they've gone way past the trendy stage and onto EVERYWHERE! LoL :rolleyes:

The brand has re-emerged recently , after they hired French designer , CHRTOISTOPHE LEMAIRE to revamp and expand the collections.
Incidentally , Lacoste is part of the conglomerate that also owns NEW MAN .
Both lines are made in the same factories and tend to be ' mainstream ' rather than ' cutting edge ' .
You find both lines on sale in ' corners ' , usually next to each other , in all GALERIES LAFAYETTE department stores in France .
Both do nice , but ' safe ' sportswear imho .

yours KIT B)

Lacoste is very nice quality... and the polos come in ever color you can imagine.. kinda cool I thought. I own a couple, their nice and basic.

I absolutley adore Lacoste. I fell in love with it when I saw The Royal Tenenbaums two years ago. Since then I've been trying to find a striped dress like hers with no luck. I guess Lacoste decided that horizontal stripes are unflattering on the female figure :blush: Gwyneth Paltrow looked fine to me...

Originally posted by kit@Jan 18th, 2004 - 9:39 am
The brand has re-emerged recently , after they hired French designer , CHRISTOPHE LEMAIRE to revamp and expand the collections.

exactly, since Lemaire's arrival Lacoste has become quite hot.
i saw a very cute black little L. dress paired with black opaque tights and a pair of L. leather shoes on their window the other day :blush: i'm seriously thinking of getting the dress and some spring blouses from Lacoste :ninja:
its a cute trend :heart:

i've been wearing the POLOS (again) for almost a year now. but thats where the LASOTE revival stops for me. anything else just doesnt look right somehow.

tip: if you are small built, go for the children sizing. much better than the womans polo shape :wink:

I think they've shrunk the size of the croc, haven't they?

Have half the people who wear Lacoste ever heard of the famous tennis player?

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jan 18th, 2004 - 1:03 pm
:P

I know I have, but I don't think it's important to know unless you have a special interest in Lacoste history. Which I don't happen to have.

I think I much prefer them over Ralph Lauren's polos because they are cut much better :heart:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jan 18th, 2004 - 3:03 pm
i've visited his house in Monemvasia (south greece) :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->