Ladies Only: What’s Hot For A Guy To Wear.

FashionFreak

Reaction score
Bonsoir Mademoiselles..

I was having a healthy discussion with one of my girlfriends as she insisted on that guys who wear dressy shirts with jackets and jeans are hot , while I thought trendy shirts would work better than plain dressy ones ,specially if we added a nice big buckled belt.

Anyways, this is not the subject...

I thought it would be cool , however, to see how would other ladies define a hot modern male trend that they always like to see on a guy. You know what I mean.. ?? a turn-on- can’t-help-looking dressing image. Its gotta be a recent trend if possible.

On the other direction, what is your biggest turn off on a guy's wear ?

P.S. I find it inspiring to actually open an oppisite subject (men 2 women POV). But I dont know how many guys out there follow up with women's fashion trends !! :doh:

turns offs: these are all really cliche

1.trying too hard to look laid back-the whole sandals, shell necklace, vintage-type shirt/abercrombie tee look. All together it is just too much. Many women around here like this look.

2.baggy jeans or pants, any hint of a hip hop look just does nothing for me

3.the "I work out, look at me" guy who has on tight jeans and a tight shirt to show his physique

I like the jeans with a dress shirt and jacket look. Basically, a look that doesn't appear to have required too much effort, and is worn with confidence is good.

I Say Yes...

1. Diesel-ish jeans.. perfect fade.. nice, loose but not baggy fit
2. Band tees
3. Semi-long hair, washed and BIG
4. Bright colours

I Say No...

1. Timberlands :sick:
2. Shiny materials
3. Logo-ed-ness

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Jan 31st, 2004 - 6:56 am
I Say Yes...

1. Diesel-ish jeans.. perfect fade.. nice, loose but not baggy fit
2. Band tees
3. Semi-long hair, washed and BIG
4. Bright colours

I Say No...

2. Shiny materials
3. Logo-ed-ness
Precisely! :woot: You hit the nail on the head :smile:

this is BAD

baggy dressy pants :sick: that is such a big turnoff

chunky shoes or like the men wear in UK; black chunky loafers with a big silver buckle to top the look :yuk: :rolleyes:

sleeveless tops if arms are too big or too hairy :ninja: (even underarms!!)

my favourite look:

a sexy pair of jeans (quite fitted and low waist)

a fitted tee shirt thats short enough to just come where the pants start

a fine pair of shoes with pointy-ish toe and the finest of leather soles (YSL has beautiful ones this season in suede :wink: )

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Jan 31st, 2004 - 6:56 am

I Say No...

LOL !

I think im the only guy in this planet who has never got a pair of Timerlands. I just hated it. However, it is still a big thing for high-schoolers.

Turn-ons:

- faded jeans - low-waist

- Abercrombie/Varsity tops

- necklaces (oooooooh)

- band tees

Turn-offs:

- sandals

- "wifebeaters"

- black dress shoes w/ jeans

I know this sounds so stereotypical, but I think it all depends on the guy.

As long as it suits him and he's comfortable in it, and he likes it, I probably won't have a huge problem with it. I'm saying this assuming that we all know pleated-front pants are wrong.

Even worse is sandals with socks (worn by guys in baggy shorts with hairy white legs) :sick:

in my circles it IS quite common for men to wear SANDALS... and its the sexiest thing...

i dont know which you are all referring to. the ones they wear, are all leather and very refined and trendy (YSL, PRADA, PACIOTTI, ETC...)
and they look hot on a hot man :innocent:

ps. all these men have pretty feet though :wink: .... in no way should someone with ugly toes wear SANDALS :sick:

Interesting read (as a man), keep the thread going!

BTW, leyla, you can open man>woman thread, it looks like we have several gentlemen here who follow women's fashion...

Originally posted by leyla m.@Feb 2nd, 2004 - 8:01 am
in my circles it IS quite common for men to wear SANDALS... and its the sexiest thing...

i dont know which you are all referring to. the ones they wear, are all leather and very refined and trendy (YSL, PRADA, PACIOTTI, ETC...)
and they look hot on a hot man :innocent:

ps. all these men have pretty feet though :wink: .... in no way should someone with ugly toes wear SANDALS :sick:
I these like sandals, too.

I agree 100% about the pretty feet. No seriously funky toes in sandals-male or female!

no
oversized t-shirts
oversized jeans
pleated trousers :sick:
fur or fur details

yes
suits with shirt but no tie
skinny trousers
messenger bags
jeans with 'formal' jackets
roll necks

* i dont mind sandals too much, in the heart of summer.

**also agree with enrichi, style is a very personal issue.

turn ons:
pin stripped skinny pants with casual stylish square toe leather shoes with dress shirt no tie and a stylish hat

turn off:
causal shorts that should be worn at the beach
flip flops made from plastic
hair protruding from any shirt
baggy jeans, baggy shorts
shorts that fall below the knee worn with socks that pull up to the knee (are they seriously thinking they look good?)
net shirts (these should be left for the trendy girls!!)

I am moving this to Personal style... this is not really related to TREND spotting..... :wink:

I have a thing about polo shirts, vintage jeans and converse. Such a common combo yet so effective.

I hate loud, busy shirts. I hate Timberlands as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->