Lady Dior

nuiko

Reaction score
it kind of saddens me how the lady dior bag is so often overlooked today.

in my opinion, the lady dior is to dior what the birkin is to hermès: iconic, stylish, timeless; an all-around classic.

...and it definitely deserves its own thread! :wub:

1214845501507_l.jpg

a gorgeous, more modern take on this classic...done in metal studs:

p10454647_ph_detail_04.jpg

kind of "lady dior gone punk"! i love it! B)

i love the Lady Dior bags...but i like the flat calfskin bags better than the quilted bags :heart:

love it, where can i get it and how much, im still looking for a birthday gift for my girlfriend

Originally posted by Diesel21@Jun 28th, 2004 - 1:03 am
love it, where can i get it and how much, im still looking for a birthday gift for my girlfriend
You can get the studded bag at Eluxury (click), it's $1,570 :flower:

I was thinking of making a post about this bag!! :woot:

I really like them, but sadly I have other priorities i need to buy first :blush:

i love these bags...they're so classic and sophisticated :heart:

Originally posted by nuiko@Jun 28th, 2004 - 12:56 am
it kind of saddens me how the lady dior bag is so often overlooked today.

in my opinion, the lady dior is to dior what the birkin is to hermès: iconic, stylish, timeless; an all-around classic.

...and it definitely deserves its own thread! :wub:

1214845501507_l.jpg
Totally agree, its such a timeless bag, very classic, probably one of my fave ever Dior bags. :heart:

Absoloutly loving the Lady Dior does punk version, very sexy but sophisticated :heart: :heart:

It has a classic bag feel to it but I think it reminds me too much of Chanel quilted bags. With Chanel being at an advantage b/c I think younger people can also carry a Chanel quilted bag w/o looking out of place. The Lady Dior seems to be made for older ladies :flower: Just my opinion :flower:

Originally posted by punkie@Jun 28th, 2004 - 12:50 pm
It has a classic bag feel to it but I think it reminds me too much of Chanel quilted bags. With Chanel being at an advantage b/c I think younger people can also carry a Chanel quilted bag w/o looking out of place. The Lady Dior seems to be made for older ladies :flower: Just my opinion :flower:
the same thing could've been said about the hermès birkin, because of the way they are shaped and the colors and such that they used to only be available in (but now the birkin comes in neon orange and green and pink) ...but they're also doing the lady dior bag now in "younger," more modern colors and fabrics like light blue denim and such...also the studded one posted above

ladydior_studdeddenim.jpg
lady dior in studded denim

ladydior_silversatin.jpg
lady dior in metallic silver satin

ladydior_goldsatinlucite.jpg
lady dior in metallic gold satin with lucite handles and rhinestone-encrusted hardware

^ i think those're gorgeous as well! :smile: :heart:

Brian - I like the gold one...Maybe it is the chunky hardware that doesn't appeal to me too too much..

Nuiko, tnx for making this topic as i LOVE the LaDY DIoR! :heart: :woot:

i am sure you would love the one i got.
its a small, black and white checked cashmere LadyDior with silver hardware... no actually its that bronzey silver (dunno the name :ninja: )

will hopefully post pics soon.

DIESEL, these bags always go on sale. so if you look out during the sale you might get lucky and find a treasure :wink:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Jun 28th, 2004 - 3:55 pm
i am sure you would love the one i got.
its a small, black and white checked cashmere LadyDior with silver hardware... no actually its that bronzey silver (dunno the name :ninja: )
OMG :shock:
that sounds absolutely gorgeous!! :wub:

... do post a photo!! :flower: :flower:

Originally posted by brian@Jun 28th, 2004 - 3:17 pm

ladydior_silversatin.jpg
lady dior in metallic silver satin

ladydior_goldsatinlucite.jpg
lady dior in metallic gold satin with lucite handles and rhinestone-encrusted hardware
thank you for posting those, bri! :flower:
those really are gorgeous!

i'm totally in love with those metallic ones... :wub:
the gold one especially, because of the rhinestone incrustation on the hardware and the lucite handles! :shock:
i don't really fancy the gold hardware on it too much...

the silver one is beautiful..... i'd buy it if it had the rhinestoned hardware and the lucite handles :innocent:

i have the small gold one with lucite handles and rhinestone encrusted hardware :heart:

OMG, leyla...that sounds divine :o :woot: :heart:

Lady Dior is indeed timeless, very classic and elegant :heart:

personally not fond of the metallic ones though.

Lady Dior bag looks dated and grandma-ish. This and the malice bag are two of my least fave. Dior bags. I wish the D'trick bags will replace Lady Dior as something that is modern, chic, yet classic :heart: :flower: My fave Dior bags are def. the saddle, baudrier, and the cute Street Chic Oprea clutch :P

From what I've seen, sorry not a fan. But then again I can't see any of the pics that Brian posted.... :(

The black Lady Dior is very timely and elegant, but the others are just :shock: ugly...

I had never heard of these before this thread :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->