Lakshmi Menon

:( Not even Gaultier!

That's strange. :/ You'd think that if she did any shows, it would be Gaultier and [SIZE=-1]Hermè[/SIZE]s again.

But at least she was at Stella McCartney. :smile:

Only 2 shows?!:( And i can't believe she wasn't at Hermes, it doesn't make sense.:huh:

It says on her profile at nymag.com that she was born in 1981, so i guess her age works against her when it comes to casting for the shows.:(

It also says she's friends with Catherine McNeil, and has another image from her Hermes campaign, but i'm too stupid to post it!:doh::lol:

I think its OK that she didn't walk Gaultier and Hermes - she is the face of Hermes this season so JPG obviously still thinks she's great but I think they went in like a polar opposite direction this season for the overall theme of JPG and Hermes and that perhaps played into why she did not walk. Ideally I would have loved to see her on the runway for his shows but I think (and hope) this is only a one season thing and she'll be back for JPG and Hermes next season. Besides - you never know why a model isn't at certain shows. This season poor Sasha was so sick she had to skip Prada so really anything can happen / sometimes fate deals girls a cruel hand.

It was great to see her at Stella and Issey though! Stella is such a great show - always one of my favorites each season, the casting is amazing and the clothes are so nice and funky. I always want some of the sweaters she shows. I didn't love the outfit Lakshmi got put in though. I would have loved to see her in one of the sexy cutout minis instead!

Paris fashion week wasn't as exciting as it could have ben so lets look at some gorgeous jewelry ads shall we :clap:

Image Credit | Scanned by Me from Vogue India

Paris Fashion Week Fall 2008 RTW Collections

Rajesh Pratap Singh

joyce.fr

Hopefully this is her?:flower:

^She closed the show :flower:

photomiddef2366537xk7.jpg

firstview

There had better be an editorial to go with that lovely cover! :judge:
At least 20 pages!!

OOh I can't wait to see scans / get this magazine!!

I have been checking my newsstand for her Vogue India for awhile and its not out here yet :cry: I feel like its taking forever to get here.

One of the best models I've seen for a while now (!), her look is amazing!
She is also with JOY Models in Milan!
My favourite image of her is this one, Hermés campaign. (Source: New York Magazine)

Attachments

• Lakshmi.Menon.jpg
    Lakshmi.Menon.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 9
I've got a lot of Lakshmi goodies today :buzz:

First up: Pictures from Lakshmi's Edition of Vogue. They are small but we'll get HQs soon I am sure!

Summer High
Photographer: Prabuddha Dasgupta
Magazine: Vogue India April 08

fdt0tx.jpg

15nvhmx.jpg

28krack.jpg

2z6vvx1.jpg

1gi35x.jpg

kdv3oj.jpg

mlmowh.jpg

5odx88.jpg

Image Credit | Prabuddha Dasgupta.com

Also, I uploaded the making of her Hermes campaign to Youtube.

From the Hermes Catalog, I think these are great because we get to really see her in some looks from the collection. While I felt the ads were beautiful they didn't really show much of her in the gorgeous gowns - and there were so many that season. This Hermes catalog should be coming my way soon so I'm hoping there are more images within it. There were also a couple of shots of McNeil within this set so perhaps there are pictures of the two of them together :buzz:

Hermes S/S 08 Catalog

Photograher: Prabbudha Dasgupta

d6pl.jpg

bhwwae.jpg
t0pwgg.jpg

24gq4j8.jpg
o5n5m0.jpg

3498o7b.jpg

2vkn415.jpg
65zip4.jpg

Image Credit | PrabbudaDasgupta.com

Oh wow, indeed you do! I'll be honest, I'm impressed by her seamless transition between a swimwear shoot, and that serene Hermes catalog. Thanks so much for taking the time to post all of those Luxx! Lakshmi looks brilliant. :heart:

First up: Pictures from Lakshmi's Edition of Vogue. They are small but we'll get HQs soon I am sure!

Summer High
Photographer: Prabuddha Dasgupta
Magazine: Vogue India April 08

Image Credit | Prabuddha Dasgupta.com

I swear to god if that isn't one of the most beautiful eds I have ever seen...:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->