Lanvin F/W 2019.20 Paris

It’s s nice enough collection and miles better than anything since Albee Elbaz , but is it special and unique enough as a statement? The jury’s still out for me

It’s s nice enough collection and miles better than anything since Albee Elbaz , but is it special and unique enough as a statement? The jury’s still out for me
ok, "better than anything Alber Elbaz has ever done" I laughed because it was so stupid! Do you seriously think so?

ok, "better than anything Alber Elbaz has ever done" I laughed because it was so stupid! Do you seriously think so?
sorry sorry sorry I misread what you said! Sorry!

I said “since Alber “ .. sorry if it wasn’t clear

At this point Loewe... oh, sorry, Lanvin feels totally lost. The new designer forgot that it used to be a couture house and, what's more, he wants to create an intellectual brand out of something dead that used to be more about glamour during the tenure of Elbaz. It's not even that strong to attract people. We already have one Loewe with aesthetics that are instantly recognizable and we don't really need a weak copy of that.

I liked two gowns and that's it. The menswear part is just so irrelevant, especially now when Loewe 's menswear department is getting bigger and bigger with time.

I was very touched by how humble the team was. It was a beautiful collection. He comes from Loewe menswear and it showed. Funny enough, it wasn’t that much of stretch compared to Lanvin under Lucas lately.
He knows construction and clothes-making.

It’s a beautiful collection with a lot of beautiful pieces. I love noisy garnments and the dress with the hard fringes at the bottom was perfect.

Lanvin right now is selling the kind of clothes they were selling under Alber. But this collection shows a desire to move on but also to give a new energy to the house.
It’s a first collection and hopefully the executives will give him time to develop and aesthetic and build a clientele because it’s almost a start from scratch.

I’m a fan, for sure.

Well, it's not a bad collection whatsoever. There are many good pieces, great outerwear and daywear. But this is so Loewe/Acne, and it's a really odd place to put Lanvin in. The Lanvin woman needs to be more polished, sophisticated, feminine, seductive. This also doesn't feel French at all, it's very Italian.

Still take it over the mess that was happening post-Alber though, obviously. I'm very open to see how he develops his vision here. I just it needs a bit more of identity and attitude.

I love it! Very easy and beautiful. I think it's different enough from Loewe - More grownup maybe? - to stand on it's own.

I love it so much, even though it is obviously an extension of Loewe. But that aesthetic is so up my alley that when done this beautifully, I can't be mad. The pieces are very well made, luxurious but still super casual that they can be worn anywhere and perfectly withstand a day-to-night transition.

I know we were all fans of Alber's direction for Lanvin, but no one will be able to do what he did so maybe it's for the best that the new designer went in a completely opposite direction.

Come on people, do you all remember those terrible last collections and campaigns under Alber? He's a genius -that's undeniable- but stop acting like fangirls. He was fired because he didn't behave very well...
About this collection, I liked it. It's very Loewe-ish but I believe he needs a little more time to develop his Lanvin woman. The clothes are very now, it even looks relevant. It's fresh and desirable, the house needed something different from Alber's tenure. Now I expect them to make the right moves: you have great clothes, so give me a great advertising campaign etc etc.

Suddenly, I have hopes for this almost dead brand.

nice pieces in here, but its a mess.there is alot of stuff in here,lv,anderson,acne,paco rabanne, even chloe . after i read the interview with nytimes i had a bit of hopes. but yes, he needs time to develop,but i wish it to be more clear direction ,more him,whatever he is.

in general i kind of dislike the works of all those millenial designers, that guy of mugler,the bottega guy,this one here and the others that i cant remember right now. they all share the same vision,they all worked at the same houses, you can see all the influences of the houses they worked for so all collections look very similar.
seems like this generation has little substance, they just follow what they like instead of developing something on their own.

i dont care about alber either. especially his last collections. they were bad. but i liked that there was a clear vision, his own thing, message and style that didnt look like other designers.

Well, it's not a bad collection whatsoever. There are many good pieces, great outerwear and daywear. But this is so Loewe/Acne, and it's a really odd place to put Lanvin in. The Lanvin woman needs to be more polished, sophisticated, feminine, seductive. This also doesn't feel French at all, it's very Italian.

I don’t think the Lanvin woman needs to be all of that in 2019 but, there’s enough sophistication and options for a lot of women here.
Lanvin under Elbaz was really « dresses-focused » and now, women are shopping differently. The cocktail dress worn on daytime is not so much what women aspires to. They want eye-catching separates. Not that Alber didn’t offered that (he did) but it wasn’t the focus of his line.

Lanvin has to be different to survive. Menswear was the only thing standing for the brand and they were clever with hiring a menswear designer. In recent times, only Lanvin menswear was able to sit next to brands like Margiela, Rick Owens and all the « cool brands » that makes retailers happy.
Now, the whole line can sit next to them and attract a new customer.

The original Lanvin customer left with Alber. What’s the point of keeping it grown up and sophisticated when for the past 3 years, nothing indicated a desire to pursuit that direction.

And I must admit that for a menswear designer, i’m really impressed by how he has managed to be conscious of a woman’s body.
Those dresses are accessible. It’s not high concepts.

That coat on Kaia left me speechless, I would kill to own a piece like that in my wardrobe! Great transformation for Lanvin, bravo!

It is a nice collection. Actually a very solid start. However it reads Loewe than Lanvin. And since the brand has been dead for a while now, I see why they want to reinvent a new Lanvin women. However, the brand is still heavily associated with glamour, Alber and haute couture spirit.

His challenge is to find a footing in bringing his Loewe aesthetic and the Lanvin glamour, like what Natacha has finally found at Chloé. And I feel like the executives are very open for the change. Their vision is to restore a storied luxury brand. He has a craftsmanship and skills that is very present in the work. Now I am quite excited to see hime evolve. On a side note though, the accessories department is very weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->