Lanvin F/W 2022.23 Paris

They tried to make the video Alber-ish, but that was just headache-inducing. I'll wait for images.

It doesn’t look particularly expensive, but it doesn’t look cheap either. It’s like a high quality generic. There isn’t anything special that will take anyones breath away. The proportions of the jumpsuits are strange. They do not flatter the body, especially the one Julia is wearing. I’m also bothered by the two looks that are referential of Balenciaga by NG. The dresses at the end are the ballon dresses remade in silk and lace. Who does he think he’s fooling with those? This is not good enough to have the Lanvin label attached to it.

00036-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00037-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00039-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00038-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00040-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00041-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00042-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00043-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00044-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00045-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00046-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00048-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00047-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00049-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00050-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00051-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00052-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00053-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00054-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00055-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00056-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00057-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00058-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00059-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg 00060-lanvin-fall-22-ready-to-wear-paris-credit-brand.jpg(i hope the moderators don't mind me taking the initiative to post these pics)

The menswear looks much better than the womenswear.

I think it's Bruno's worst collection so far. It reminds me of how clueless was Lapidus during his tenure at the house. There are too many ideas and in my opinion, they were already too commercialized to be interesting as a runway look. Some of the looks were also completely out of place in the context of this brand.

I really hope he didn't peak when he made that Fall 21 collection lol!

I only like the last 2 gowns and that's being generous. Menswear is okay - not grasping at anything or any identity.

Overall just ... "meh".

I fell in love with fashion when an artist was in this house. Now here are just fashion students trying to make collections. Poor house legacy.

The first and second look on Cong He are sorta okay, the rest of the collection with its vaguely vampy, kooky, 1920s aesthetic makes less sense the longer it goes on. That scalloped print is very generic and cheap looking.

I think there are a lot of good ideas and some strong looks too.
it does feel a little directionless and as if we’re looking at 3 different collections.

It doesn’t quite hit the mark for me but I guess I'm in the minority that likes some of it.

The menswear feels like Tom Ford but is missing the expert tailoring and personality to make it strong. There's also no need for it with Tom still around.

It indeed looks quite random. The execution is also poor. Does anyone know the reason why he was chosen for this position? I would much rather see Haider instead.

There are some cute pieces but the bad ones are really tragic.
Some of the dresses are both questionable in terms of taste and construction…

And THAT STYLING! Carlos is definitely not a runway stylist. He struggled for AMI and here for Lanvin.
Him and Carine should stick to campaigns and editorials…

It indeed looks quite random. The execution is also poor. Does anyone know the reason why he was chosen for this position? I would much rather see Haider instead.
Are you sure they can afford Haider? He may not be the most active designer but his caché and his aura are still high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->