Lanvin F/W 2003.04 Paris

I like the dresses, shoes and animal details, but honestly over all i don't think Lanvin is that amazing.

Full show video :heart:

I can't get over how divine this collection is. It could be shown during the upcoming Paris FW and it wouldn't be any less relevant, gorgeous, feminine and breathtaking it has been for all these years.

Ah.. :heart:. I obsessed over this collection for easily ten years after it was shown, that red dress on Natalia in particular would haunt my dreams and I remember searching for different angles every other year with no results. The entire collection is still perfection for me and my personal favorite from Alber. He didn't have to embellish it with some extravagant production around it, or really do anything other than show flawless, timeless evening pieces in good lighting. He achieved something that feels universal in that it hasn't aged a day and it can still be worn by any woman, or any age or walk of life and it would make her look modern and playful in the most elegant (and not infantilized or sexualized) way.

I was a teenager when it was shown and I really think this (combined with what Helmut Lang showed this same season) kind of ignited a long-term search for beautiful pleats. :zorro:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"