Lanvin for H&M

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooo thrilled!!!!! I sooo hope i will get my hands on at least some pieces. this will be mayhem.

does anyone know if this will be sold online too?

on mainland Europe, yes. all the previous ones were available on H&M's online shop. well... usually they'd go on sale at exactly 00:01, but then the servers would crash :lol:

Man, this top all the other previous collaboration! Freaking Sweet. I am saving my money from now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Source: selectism.com

Attachments

• Lanvin for H&M Coming this Autumn 2010.jpg
    Lanvin for H&M Coming this Autumn 2010.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 9
I'm disappointed by him saying that. People are not going to buy the collection because it's H&M going luxury (H&M could do that without the help of another designer). Of course consumers are going to buy it because it bears the brand name Lanvin and it's made more accessible to them, just look at the comments in this thread.

Well, I did too. But it still was bad quality. :flower:
I agree with you most of the clothes are not worht paying that much for because of the poor quality, but ppl goes all crazy since it's almost designer wear. I have to say I'm excited too, but I hate how everyone will be wearing the same clothes for about 3 months after the opening.

I agree with you most of the clothes are not worht paying that much for because of the poor quality, but ppl goes all crazy since it's almost designer wear. I have to say I'm excited too, but I hate how everyone will be wearing the same clothes for about 3 months after the opening.

I totally agree with you.

So if the film is released at nov 2nd, then the collection will air in about Nov 2x something?

I am praying for the H&M in my city to actually have the collection in:S I am going to start praying every night:P Or use the law of attraction:rofl:

I haven't met a single person out there who knows Lanvin or Alber Elbaz. I might be the only one in my town :o
Well, I did too. But it still was bad quality. :flower:
And therefore ALL their clothing must look horrible and cheap and fall apart :shock:...jk :lol:

I've never had any quality issues with H&M, but a quite pricey brand like Acne...every single piece I've bought started falling apart before I got to wear it. I just think that H&M isn't better or worse than most brands, I just prefer to save my money. The quality is pretty much the same anyway.

I hope the Lavin for H&M will be as good as Lagerfeld for H&M. I found Cavalli, Jimmy Choo & Sonia Rykiel rather disapointing.

I LOVE ALBER!!!!! Can't wait to see how this is going to turn out

I haven't met a single person out there who knows Lanvin or Alber Elbaz. I might be the only one in my town :o
Yeah I've had the same thought myself that not many ppl might know about Lanvin, but I've seen ppl who don't really care about which designer brand it is as long as it's a designer brand that others know about:innocent:

I don't think i've been excited over a H&M/Designer collaboration before...until now, seriously cannot wait. :woot:

loonaka too true people buy some items even when they are not particularly exciting if they wouldn't be signed by a designer...

its always exciting some interesting designer collaborates with H&M but that doesn't mean its gonna be totally awesome.

okay ,so i LOVE lanvin...
love it so much, that i'd take the clothes behind the back wall and get it pregnant :P

but somehow, i dont really like the collaborations of designers and h&m ! it isnt ever as exciting as the main collection... and "look for less" just turns out to be... well ..umm..LESS !!

but i Loved the way Alber Elbaz said "I think I loved the idea that H&M was going luxury, rather than Lanvin is going public."
so I'm super super super super super excited for this one to come out !!!

i just hope it doesn't get sold out before i reach London, the collection comes into stores on the 9th , and i reach on the 18th !!

but then again i'm going to paris as well, so could always make a visit at the flagship store ! :P

gotta love shopping, gotta love Lanvin <3

It doesn't come to stores on the 9th, it's the 23rd of November.

The 9th is the date more videos go up to the H&M website.

see that's the problem,i have. remember all the madness last year with comme des garcons? i would bet a good fraction of those people couldn't discern their CdG from their wal-mart. they just jumped on the chance because it was designer and they could resell the items for larger profit. i mean half of the pieces were twice as much on ebay than they were in-store. it's what worry about with this. the selfish ebay vultures snapping everything up and leaving real lanvin fans in the lurk.

and as for quality--again,i ask,who the devil goes to H&M anyway expecting high quality?

^Again - show me a mid-priced brand who does better quality than H&M. Haven't encountered one yet. Or to put it differently, same crap, different price.

I do think that this will be quite expensive because of the materials. I sincerely doubt that Alber will slack on the materials...I'll happily for £100 for an evening dress, but I honestly believe that the original Lanvin pieces are horribly overpriced (as all luxury brands are)

Luxury brands are expensive for a reason: it's part of their positioning as they have to be affordable only to a small group of people. Call it overpriced if you want but it's part of the game.
Lanvin itself has gone along those lines, contrary to other brands that have been "democratized" like Vuitton or Dior. It is a house that is quite elitist and secret: the number of point of sales is quite low and they don't even lend dresses for red carpet events (at least that's what Elbaz said in an interview).

The question is not whether H&M does better quality or not compared to other mid-priced brands (even if I have stated my opinion on the subject before in this thread).
My concern is: why this sudden and complete change of strategy if you usually sell your brand like one of the most refined in the luxury segment, meaning buying a cloth from Lanvin comes with the guarantee of exceptional quality, design and timelessness and being sure that only a few people will have the same exceptional piece as you? Why would they associate themselves with a mid-priced fast-fashion brand that can not offer the highest quality due to its own price positioning?

I'm honestly more excited about the Lucas stuff. I just hope they won't do h&m-lanvin-sneakers, since that would look awful. But some pretty blazers and trousers would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->