Lanvin "Marry Me!" Fragrance : Heloise Guerin and Julien Sabaud

^ Haha I think the bottle/flacon is cute, except for the police they chose to write "Marry me!" which is awfully cheesy.

That said I agree with you on the fact that Lanvin fragrance for women ads are good (Jeanne Lanvin with Ali Michael, Rumeur with Amanda Moore and now this one), but the fragrance themselves (scent + bottle) are a big let-down and are not representative of Lanvin the clothing brand which is one of the most refined and chic Parisian houses. Hermès and Chanel clients will easily buy fragrances from Hermès and Chanel because of their high quality, but I can not imagine the Lanvin client buying a Lanvin fragrance for herself. I guess that's one of the problems of having your fragrances developed by licensing them to another company.

I'm impressed, it is sweet, charming, simple and romantic! (;

^ Haha I think the bottle/flacon is cute, except for the police they chose to write "Marry me!" which is awfully cheesy.

(...)and are not representative of Lanvin the clothing brand which is one of the most refined and chic Parisian houses.
i do so agree with you. the image is quite cute but i can't associate it with lanvin. gisele's oxigène was great and it represented the label... they could've followed the example.

I think its a lovely campaign shot. Its so refreshingly unpretentious.
It's compulsory in fragrance ads, they don't have any other choice but to show it ^_^
Why is that? I would have thought the fragrance company would insist to deter the counterfeiters, but is it law?

I love it
but i'm I the only one who thinks it's a bit similar to dior with the bow around the top, the shape of the bottle, a cute charming looking girl on a vintage bike. maybe it's just me..........

Why is that? I would have thought the fragrance company would insist to deter the counterfeiters, but is it law?

I interned for a fragrance brand in marketing and you always have to put the "pack shot" in the picture. Maybe because you have to show consumers exactly what they're buying?

i do so agree with you. the image is quite cute but i can't associate it with lanvin. gisele's oxigène was great and it represented the label... they could've followed the example.

Yes I remember Oxygene! It was at the time when Lanvin had another artistic director (Cristina Ortiz, I think?) and the ad, bottle and scent really stuck to the image of the clothing brand. It was all really coherent and I remember I almost ditched J'Adore to buy this ^_^
It's too bad InterParfums (who develop Lanvin fragrances) don't follow this logic anymore. Lanvin (the clothing brand) has such a strong and beautiful image in the fashion world, I don't understand why they don't translate it in their fragrances (like Balenciaga did with their fragrance and their ad featuring Charlotte Gainsbourg).

That said I agree with you on the fact that Lanvin fragrance for women ads are good (Jeanne Lanvin with Ali Michael, Rumeur with Amanda Moore and now this one), but the fragrance themselves (scent + bottle) are a big let-down and are not representative of Lanvin the clothing brand which is one of the most refined and chic Parisian houses. Hermès and Chanel clients will easily buy fragrances from Hermès and Chanel because of their high quality, but I can not imagine the Lanvin client buying a Lanvin fragrance for herself. I guess that's one of the problems of having your fragrances developed by licensing them to another company.

but i think that, in a way, it does fit with the image of Lanvin. they might have a very high fashion image, at the same time the're producing cotton totes with sketches from Elbaz, figurines, brightly colored accessories and t-shirts with tulle sleeves and sewn on faux-pearl necklaces.

the fragrance ads might not work with the high fashion part of it, but definitely the cute and pink side of Lanvin, which, you have to admit, is the big seller.

the fragrances might not be for the people who buy the Pret a porter, but the ones who buy the flats with the pom poms, the purse made of quilted red grosgrain and the faux pearl necklace with the interwoven bright pink ribbon.

^ That's an interesting point of view. I'm really curious to know who buys these fragrances. Maybe it's like the case of Flowerbomb from Viktor & Rolf : the girls who buy it have no interest in V&R as a fashion brand, but like the fragrance for its originality.

I see what you mean when you say potiential consumers for Lanvin fragrances are the ones who buy the brand's cheapest accessories and like its cute/fun image. What is a little sad IMO is that there is no tight relationship with the fashion side of the brand and the fragrances (contrary to Dior, Hermès or even Chloë....). If "Lanvin" weren't written on the ad, I wouldn't have guessed it was related to the brand. I do not see Alber Elbaz promoting this and saying it's a great fragrance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->