Lanvin Resort 2011

Well, I officially cannot dislike anything designed by Alber and I really like this - another lovely summer collection. Can't wait for the full set, I already love the purple pieces in the end, especially the last dress - reminds me of the beautiful S/S 05 collection.

Oh, and quite surprisingly, I like that snakeskin-print dress. But then again, Alber is one of those few who can practically always escape with the animal prints ^_^

Presentation

d8375d3a41ed.jpg
251e13ca0f53.jpg

facebook / Kirna Zabete

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm....it looks like a collection that would be in Target

i know what to extect it Lanvin colab with Target hahaha

Cheap-looking. Redundant. Elbaz on autopilot. You would never think it was Lanvin.

I would have liked a fresh take on the maillot silhouette.

It does look cheap, but some of the last outfits posted (the first three) look pretty much the opposite - luxurious. As always, the accessories are outstanding.

NEW YORK, June 14, 2010

By Nicole Phelps

"Pre-collection isn't about an image or a direction. It's about a woman, a desire, a need," Alber Elbaz said as he narrated his Lanvin mini-show in a manner at once thoughtful, amusing, and heartfelt. "What do women want?"

For this inventive designer, it seems there are plenty of answers to that frequently asked question: a simple black A-line shift that reverses to a trompe l'oeil tiered tulle dress, say, or a day trench that, turned inside out, is ruffled and ready for a night on the town, or a gold coat whose sleeves unzip to become a shirtdress. On paper, some of that might sound gimmicky, but the effect of Elbaz's two-in-one ideas was utterly charming and unforced—not to mention incredibly savvy at a time when women are still relearning how to shop.

The designer's other real-world solutions? Bathing suits with matching cover-ups; a versatile cotton metal fabric that can be manipulated (tug the hem of a skirt down for day, hike it up for after dark); luggage and handbags made from python print, not the real thing, so they don't cost a fortune; and a stretch skirtsuit. Sexy and forgiving at the same time? We'll take it.

Elbaz is without a doubt one of the most woman-friendly designers around today. His real trick, though? Marrying need to desire. Take the floor-length halter dress inspired, he said, by his customers in Miami, who think nothing of wearing long during the day to go shopping at the new Lanvin store there. An outfit like that may not be a necessity for the time-squeezed New Yorkers in today's audience, but that didn't stop the audible collective swoon.

Full Collection:

34glz61.jpg
ndab69.jpg

24zxe79.jpg
2nj92qh.jpg

[FONT=&quot]style.com/[/FONT]

This is practically SS2010. If it wasn't the awesome lighting and setting this would look ordinary. Come on Alber, this is pretty and charming and feminine, but where's the MAGIC?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->