Lanvin S/S 04 Paris

The collection was good except for:

1. The boots on some of the models, which, as Sarah Mower points out on style.com, were totally bizarre. Black knee-high stiletto boots for spring? Why? They totally ruined a lot of great looks.

2. The odd cut along the bust on the brightly colored charmeuse evening dresses. Very unflattering.

3. Linda Evangelista's stupid mug at the finale. Why on earth is she still doing runway? She seems so stiff and emotionless these days.

I think Alber could certainly have done better. His fall 03 collection was absolutely exquisite.

Not Alber at his inventive best. :(

Plus it seemed trying too crowd pleasing, though it's too early for that. :flower:

i just went through this show very carefully and apart from those hideous 'bra' strapless shapes and the 'done before by lacroix' lace face accessories, i really liked what i saw and i could -very- easily see myself in most of this.
of course it is a commercial collection, in such a 'hard time' economic environment big labels have no room for losing money.
Elbaz knows what his clients need and he seems eager to keep his Lanvin post, nothing wrong with that.
I did not mind the boots either, there were quite few of them and they remained round toed -which i love. The heels could be chunky though, well...

here are some of my Lanvin faves :flower:

last - i adore both these looks, the shoes and the picture of Elbaz (he looks like a sweet cuddly cartoon to me )

with everyone making ornate dresses and jeweled clothing... this collection from lanvin is so refreshing!!!! elbaz knows that once a trend has started... it is so much better to go the opposite direction. :heart: smart man!!!! :heart:

these dresses are simple, yet comanding. i love the jewel tone satin dresses mixed with the black. all of them :heart: . his dresses, unlike many designers that work with satin, are completely wearable. the bust areas are covered for once! :woot: and are sexy without endless amounts of skin and nipples showing.

normally i hate long skirts, but the ones in this collection are absolutely gorgeous!

and the shoes. how i :heart: the heels. [i'll pass on the boots]

i love the sequined dresses. and the gloved outfits are the BEST!!!!

:heart: :heart: :woot: :heart: :heart:

the only items that i am not too fond of are the gold suit and the wide arm coats at the beginning.

the black lace face coverings, as well as the black dresses, remind me of audrey hepburn in how to steal a million. i wonder if this film was an influence?

i also like most of it. dresses are amazing, and i love the variety of necklines, because only one or two styles can't flatter everyone. everything is beautifully cut, and i'm glad he's not jumping on ultra-short lenght bandwagon. Color pallete is gorgeous as well, i :heart: that first electric blue dress and others in black, jeweled tones & metallics.

oh i think that collection is beautiful! :heart:

except the excessive use of black and that yukky brown and dark green, think it's a pretty collection..

Apart from the black looks this was not a good collection, imo. Everything seemed so recycled and far too 'safe' - quite a disappointment considering his A/W collection was so great. The detailing on the back of the dresses were nice, but not enough to make the dresses outstanding. :(

Thanks for the pictures. :flower:

gorgeous, i never understoof the mass crazy love for lanvin, but i think its veyr lovely :heart:

Originally posted by thomas28@Oct 18th, 2003 - 10:12 am
I like Lanvin~
very elegant! :rolleyes:
i completly agree, welcome to tFS Thomas28 :flower:

Originally posted by Lena+Oct 18th, 2003 - 2:15 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Oct 18th, 2003 - 2:15 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-thomas28@Oct 18th, 2003 - 10:12 am
I like Lanvin~
very elegant! :rolleyes:
i completly agree, welcome to tFS Thomas28 :flower: [/b][/quote]
Thank you,Lena! ^^

Full (and beautifully made!) catwalk video.

Another breathtaking collection from Alber, literally one of his best ever. The most perfect lightness and effortless chic, to-die-for rear details and all these gorgeous dresses. Absolutely brilliant :heart:

Also, I really love the idea of knee-high black leather boots here, they add such a great quirk, especially put together with pink satin dress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->