Lanvin S/S 2021 Shanghai

who the f*ck cares about Lanvin?

*sigh* meeeee

11892642fm_14_f.jpg

The people packed like sardines freaks me out.

Will wait for the images to drop, but it does look good at a glance.

I find it very charming and while I actually find his work for Lanvin convincing, he needs to extend his vision to the cast, the music, the presentation...
The show was so boring that I went straight to the finale!

That being said, the collection is cute and I actually like his clothes and bags. The footwear needs more work and punch tho. I think the problem with Sialleli is ultimately that his idea of sophistication is on the verge of costume.

Alber and Lucas’s work was sophisticated in their essence and so, by stripping things down, they have gave an effortless vibe to it. Sophistication does not feel natural for Bruno and so, he does the obvious tired things needed to elevate the look. The hair is super done, the make-up is super sophisticated and it’s too contrived.

It’s all very sophisticated but not elegant enough. Maybe he needs another stylist but something needs to be done!

I have seen all the looks at vogue.com...and it feels like Olivier Lapidus is back again (seriously, the level is sooo low here)!!

I have seen all the looks at vogue.com...and it feels like Olivier Lapidus is back again (seriously, the level is sooo low here)!!
You really hate it that much? While I think it looks very « products styled together and held by a theme », I don’t find it bad....
Maybe because I see good products above all...

I don't know what to think about this new direction of the brand. On the one hand, this particular collection feels very 'resort' due to the focus on the singular pieces and being easy to wear. On the other hand, Sialelli's interpretation of the maison is neither completely focused on a wearable product nor on almost cartoon-ish, archival aesthetics. And while his Lanvin is undoubtely cute, I feel like being cute is not enough to survive. At least the Loewe influences have been toned down.

It's a good Lanvin collection but I dread to think what is going to be in Season 2021 when the economic downturn hits.

2020 is the last of the...acceptable ranges.

Overall, I thought it was a great collection and there is a lot to dissect. In terms of cohesion it was a bit of a mess but it feels like he just needs someone to help with editing.

I must also say that the setting was absolutely gorgeous and really elevated everything. The vibe and atmosphere was great with the clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->