LaQuan Smith S/S 2021 New York

It’s still vulgar and trashy but more elevated. He knows his clientele but I think he should push himself more in terms of ideas. The references are obvious but he has managed to make them his own!

Considering that this was photographed by Hype Williams and styled by Alex White and that he has Tom Ford as a mentor, I hope he will really push and elevate himself, which means move on from the IG aesthetic and elevate it to runway status!

The pants in the first look is good tho!

His clothes are better worn with other pieces, as a stylist I would pick some pieces here to dress up a socialite or young celebrity. Rihanna would look incredible in that last dress. Too bad his presentation is always tragic and very p*rn like.

Why do American indie designers often use these sheeny fabrics and glossy-looking colours for their collections? It looks so cheap. Are they all getting it from the same fabric house?
Yes, you'd have to know how to pull these pieces apart to make them look decent and not like something an LA Youtuber would wear for shock value, but what about the general population?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->