Large Hoop Earrings

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Mar 17th, 2004 - 4:29 pm
Not to offend, but I hate them, all of them. Besides, where I come from they are a sign you are member of the travelling community.
ha!...hoops remind me of gypsies...is that what you mean...like the travelling people of ireland...

gypsy is a good thing in my book...sort of flamenco dancer meets stevie nicks...i only like gold...but they can be any size depending on the look... :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey+Mar 23rd, 2004 - 11:40 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Mar 23rd, 2004 - 11:40 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-strawberry daiquiri@Mar 17th, 2004 - 4:29 pm
Not to offend, but I hate them, all of them. Besides, where I come from they are a sign you are member of the travelling community.
ha!...hoops remind me of gypsies...is that what you mean...like the travelling people of ireland...

[/b][/quote]
Sadly yes :innocent:

i only like hoops if they have a single gem dangling from the center or are fun colors. To me, wearing any kind of gold is ghettofab and just not my thing at all. I own chunky platinum clutch hoops... do they count?

But large hoops just SCREAM trashy to me, especially on that picture of that girl. too much makeup, too permed, too too too much. I would only wear gold hoops with an incredibly simple outfit.

Im sorry, did you just say wearing gold is ghetto fab?
I understand what you meant but thats is such a generalisation. It depends on the purity of the gold, in this case, I dont like loops at the moment, but gold is ghetto fab?

to me it is. I cannot stand gold at all. never have been able to bring myself to like it.

Ohh, OK then :flower:
My mums Gold jewelry is all 22 carat and is very elegantly made and If you call that ghetto fab, then I dont know what your talking about.

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Mar 17th, 2004 - 4:29 pm
i agree..

i strongly dislike them. they don't look flattering..they look awkward on the eye.. :innocent:

i strongly dislike yellow gold. unless it really is worn very, very well, with some gorgeous outfit...then maybe i can stand it a bit.

I think gold makes a person stand out against a sea of people wearing silver jewelry :innocent: (of course if worn tastefully)

i think that gold is a trend now... which is why people who hated it a year ago are stocking up now.

i'm going to revolt and not buy anything gold at all... i like metallics, but gold is already overdone.

i never wear gold, not because I don't like it, but because it doesn't suit me! weirdly i love huge silver hoops but think the gold hoops look tacky pretty easily. i dunno why though

I love them! I am a darker complected european and they look nice with my complexion and long dark hair!

large hoop earrings are too jlo for my tastes.. i don't like them on others and i don't like them on me.....

I actually think I still like large thin hoop earrings, silver ones especially, gold when I've got a tan, I've got a couple of pairs of coloured ones two lying around...a mint green pastelly pair that I really love :ninja: (feel free to take me into the corner and beat me if you see fit, but I'll still be wearing my hoops when you're doing it :rofl: ) I think they're quite good to wear with something just fairly casual and simple, and with you're hair down. I don't think they look tacky on me :unsure:

:lol:
(silence E.I.R :P )

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->