Largerfeld's Hunger

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
From vogue.co.uk
FASHION'S NEW SCENT

visionairKlagerfeld04B.jpg

KATE MOSS, Sam Taylor-Wood, Erin O'Connor :heart: , Jade Jagger and Karl Lagerfeld are just a few of the A-list guests expected at a glamorous party next Thursday to celebrate the launch of the latest issue of cult magazine Visionaire. Entitled Scent, the special issue has teamed high-profile artists such as Hedi Slimane, David Bowie, Mario Testino and Nick Knight with leading 'noses' from the fragrance world: 21 unique images, including Lagerfeld's Hunger (left), appear in the white leather-bound publication, alongside 21 brand new scents, each created to capture the title of their corresponding artwork. Have you ever thought what a naked man with a loaf of bread might smell like? Visionaire is released just three times a year, and for those who miss out on one of the 4,000 numbered copies of Scent (priced at $175 from Selfridges, Harvey Nichols and the Tate Modern), an installation, featuring the pictures and perfumes displayed in the magazine, will be on view to the public from April 15 to April 18 at the Royal College of Art. (April 8 2004, AM)

let me tell you...i smelled ALL of them... :yuk: is all i have to say... :innocent:

I'm not so concerned about the scents, but the hotster with the loaf of bread...hmm, he looks tasty. I don't usually even go for blonde guys.

I really do appreciate that lightly-muscled physique, though.

:lol: :rolleyes: well the articles and pics of vogue are interesting

poor Karl, he's certainly hungry :rolleyes:

btw, the photo with the loaf model is a bit :sick: too tacky for my cat :lol:

Why'd they have to choose bread? I mean, of all foods that could cover a penis, bread. It totally takes away from the sexiness that is the guy.

Originally posted by Spike413@Apr 10th, 2004 - 2:45 pm
Why'd they have to choose bread? I mean, of all foods that could cover a penis, bread. It totally takes away from the sexiness that is the guy.
i so agree :wink:

Originally posted by Lena+Apr 10th, 2004 - 8:56 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Apr 10th, 2004 - 8:56 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spike413@Apr 10th, 2004 - 2:45 pm
i so agree :wink: [/b][/quote]
Isn't the photo a reference to the fact that Kaiser Karl has had a scent made , with the aroma of fresh bread , as that is one of the no-no ' s of his famous diet , and he has a constant craving for fresh bread ( and possibly the model here !!!!! ) . :P

As for ' bread ' in the sense of ' moolah ' , has Karl not got MORE than enough of THAT ? !!! :cry:

KIT :innocent:

This isn't the same model is it (from Gieves & Hawkes SS 2004 collection campaign:(

Originally posted by Lena+Apr 10th, 2004 - 2:56 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Apr 10th, 2004 - 2:56 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spike413@Apr 10th, 2004 - 2:45 pm
i so agree :wink: [/b][/quote]
:sick:
what a picture is that?!! :o :huh: :doh:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Apr 10th, 2004 - 10:39 am
This isn't the same model is it (from Gieves & Hawkes SS 2004 collection campaign:(
i don't think thats him...it's the same guy in the Fendi and Roberto Cavalli ads...i think his name is Brad Koenig...he must be one of Lagerfelds favorites as he shot the bread pic...and the Fendi ads (i assume)

This photo is obviously an ode to the hot dog bun scene in 1984's Bachelor Party.

OT: Adrian Zmed rules.

I haven't tried them yet, but if it smells like those Lagerfeld scents that Elizabeth Arden used to distribute...hmm..I wont even bother stopping for a sniff :lol:

Originally posted by softgrey@Apr 9th, 2004 - 11:29 pm
let me tell you...i smelled ALL of them... :yuk: is all i have to say... :innocent:
Oh, that's not fair, softgrey. You have to admit it's a very unique and visionary (pun intended) idea.

I stopped by the Visionaire Gallery in February and smelled all of these. Many of them were absolutely spot-on and brilliant, but a lot of them weren't as great and smelled alike. The bread one is so perfect and Brad is the ultimate! :blush:

I think its a very special idea, I like it alot (even if I do feelits a bit of a copy of CDG), i'd liek to smell them.

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Apr 11th, 2004 - 7:32 pm
I do feeli ts a bit of a copy of CDG
absolutely so space

i'd like to smell those, i mean why not..
but i certainly wouldnt like going around smelling like fresh bread myself :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->