The Last Movie You Saw?

Originally posted by BrothaG@Aug 21 2004, 12:53 PM
That's a great movie :heart:
[snapback]340916[/snapback]​

Yeah I loved it....... :heart:

I went to a small movie theatre to see it as it's been around for almost a year now..

Wonderland, All I Want, Swimming Pool & Rushmore :woot:

Well..I'm going to watch the Talented Mr Ripley on DVD.

"Well someone told me about her..." - Malcom McLaren, About Her

846252.jpg

Kill Bill Vol. 2 (2004, Quentin Tarantino) -

I have a real good hunch that Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill Vol. 2 is not only a masterpiece, but also a new cult-classic of American cinema. What defines a cult movie is that it bears watching many, many times and contains memorable, repeatable dialogue. Now we all know that Vol. 2 is Tarantino's return to his great and memorable dialogue, which made Pulp Fiction such a great film. Now, what led me to say it was a new cult-classic based on having to watch it many, many times was the fact that I had to. But then, you ask, why only a hunch? A hunch because I've only seen it for the third time and I already feel the brilliance about to explode (which I've also felt on my second viewing of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas :heart: ). It has this certain intangible quality about it, which all cult-classics have.

So I'm looking forward to my next viewing. :wink:

The Village

Despite its' reviews, it was a wonderful movie. Not scary, but wonderful.

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Aug 22 2004, 07:48 PM
The Village
Despite its' reviews, it was a wonderful movie. Not scary, but wonderful.
[snapback]341580[/snapback]​

I can't wait to see that :heart:

I saw Elephant last night. Haven't decided what to think yet. :unsure:

The Village...it wasn't what I expected the story to be.

Collateral, it was pretty good, I liked it. I spent half the time pointing all the places around LA though. :P

The Wedding Singer :buzz: oldie but goodie... :heart:

Collateral, I loved it. My friends hated it, they kept saying 'it was just about random shooting people.' I don't think they got it at all. :shock:

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Aug 22 2004, 12:40 PM
Monster, very very good
[snapback]341768[/snapback]​

Aileen Wuornos' family originated from Finland.... her surname is Finnish.. nothing to be proud of though. heh :P

Garden State.

Really good. Although I think the choice of the Shins was kind of weird. The soundtrack was okay but didn't seem to fit. It was trying to be a Wes Anderson type soundtrack, but failed miserably

Geez and I go to movies often.

The lastest ones we've seen:

The Village--I hated it. Geez fell asleep. It was a crappy crappy movie. The previews should not make it look like a scary movie.

The Bourne Supermacy-- Yeah. There will be a part three. It wasn't bad but it moved a little slow. I thought it was three hours long but it wasn't.

AVP-- It was okay. Left it off so that you know there is going to be a sequel.

Collateral-- It was okay too. It was really easy to see where the movie was going. You knew who the key players were within the first 2 scenes.

IRobot-- :smile: Finally a movie I enjoyed. Both Geez and I were happy to finally say we actually enjoyed a movie and were surprised by the plot. It wasn't something you could guess or predict. Besides, seeing Will Smith partially naked a few times in the movie... :innocent:

"She wore blue velvet..." - Isabella Rosselini

t18015153js.jpg

Blue Velvet (1986, David Lynch) -

I have just finished viewing David Lynch's Blue Velvet on DVD. It definetly is a bonafide masterpiece. Its a hodgepodge of wonderful ideas. You have the fantastic dream logic captured (most noticiably seen when Ben sings "In Dreams"), the beautifully colored opening and closing scenes, which shows Lynch as a true artist. The idea of eroticism, reveling in the dark sex we like to imagine but don't think about and the heartfelt and the horrific, as seen with Frank Booth, are brilliant.

There's also the story -- a great one. The plot may be influenced by Chinatown (as Blade Runner and LA Confidential were), but with all those elements mentioned above and themes such as the moral decay underneath and real love awakening David Lynch creates, arguably, his best film and cements his status as one of this generation's most vital talents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->