The Last Movie You Saw?

The Graduate

Revisited this movie after having seen it years ago...can someone please explain the ending to me (for those who've seen it)?

Spoilers

Someone once told me that the end was some kind of twist, that when Dustin Hoffman and Elaine get on the bus, their joy quickly becomes sadness...I couldn't really see it. They were laughing for a while then start to frown. I did notice that their expressions became more serious, but I still don't quite understand this. Can someone please explain their view of the ending to me, thanks :flower:

end spoiler

Originally posted by Fade to Black@Dec 11 2004, 09:33 PM
The Graduate

Revisited this movie after having seen it years ago...can someone please explain the ending to me (for those who've seen it)?
[snapback]462151[/snapback]​

I :heart: The Graduate

It may help you to know that the director had originally requested both characters be shown laughing throughout the entire ending sequence. Apparently this follow the plotline of the book most closely as well. As the story goes both were uncomfortable and unable to continue laughing; the director kept the cut becaue he thought it more natural. They aren't sad so much as uncomfortable.

i saw lilja 4-ever again last night. a quite unbearable movie, i didn't really wanted to see it again but my bf begged me so ... it's just so sad and real and tragic at the same time :cry:

Roman Holiday, my "comfort food." :heart:

roho.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->