Last Movie You Saw #10

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by tFS Thread Manager, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Ooh, this reads interesting! Will give it a try because I instantly dismissed it as 'just another war film' just as I dismissed Little Women as 'just another romantic costume drama'. Though I may well be right with Little Women.

But first....Parasite!

2. Piet Retief

Piet Retief Active Member

Parasite
    I finally got around watching this film two or so weeks ago. It went from humorous to grim pretty suddenly! I'm rooting for it at the Oscars.

3. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

Young Ahmed.

Kind of thankful I got around to see it as it's a topic that's not well-documented in films. The film walks the viewer so calmly (excluding the 3 suspenseful scenes) that you can almost figure out how the mind of a young boy can end up wired like that and then become skeptical up until the end that he's capable of ever doing a U-turn to being just a normal teenager. That kid's acting in the end.. wow.. anyone that's ever had a [spoiler alert] major back injury/surgery will know he nailed it.

I'm not sure whether the film is suggesting that a true exit from extremism can only occur with a dramatically transforming event and that, unless that happens, the fundamentalist seed will always be latent, or I'm just being naive thinking that with enough treatment he can snap back the same way he suddenly radicalized. Either way, it's hard to contain that with limited income + social periphery, cause you usually only get to the treatment part if the person has already done or tried to do something awful. I really felt for the mother and all the mothers of these people.. Claire Bodson's acting is excellent, too... I dare a son of mine to pull that one on me lol.. I'll drag the f*cker by a chained tooth if necessary to a Bolivia-bound plane.. join an NGO for a year, see real poverty, true martyrs of capitalism and no supernatural bs, then preach away..