Latest Handbag Trends For 2004

Discussion in 'Handbags' started by ingenue, Jan 31, 2004.

1. vintage_princess

vintage_princess Adorable illusion

sorry i dont like that bag much...al those circles or shapes overlapped on top of each other remind me of fish scales :sick: :sick: :sick:

2. CelineChic

CelineChic New Member

mom's a french teacher, so here's what i've learned...gne-if you're american pronounce it like nyeh...so...ligne would sound like-lee-nyeh...which i believe means line, no?

so it the cambon line from chanel...

which is the chanel ligne cambon collection, sorry, i'm not familiar with it :flower: [/b][/quote]
    It does mean line. But its pronounced more like LEING. Both the "ee" sound and the "ng" sound are distict for the french language.

Then again I shouldnt be giving lessons. My french is far from perfect. My mum is from Monaco and when ever I go to Monaco to visit my grandparents they make fun of my accent :angry:

3. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

It does mean line. But its pronounced more like LEING. Both the "ee" sound and the "ng" sound are distict for the french language.
    [/quote]
    i don't understand...LEING...i can't pronounce that..,. :huh:

oh well... :P

4. CelineChic

CelineChic New Member

Leing is nasal "ee" sound with nasal "ng" sound

Hard to explain. :blink:

We need a linguist to explain in text form :lol:

5. ingenue

ingenue New Member

RIGHT on the luella green bag.. what a beauty!
    oh hey-- anyone like PUCCI??
    i got one in the small hobo design. its rather cute... :wink:
    any thoughts? (sorry i have no photo-- im in the US now, vacation! i brought the good old conventional film cam!)

6. Sofi

Sofi New Member

uhm i dont think it would be appropriate to mention but over here there is a very specific clientele thats targeted and that buys anything with a BIG label/logo :innocent:[/QUOTE]
    I think oversized-flashy-look-i-used-my-rent-money-to-pay-for-this-bag trend is finally reaching its peak...... what a relief for that 'specific clientele' :lol:

"Logos are going little, says eBay’s fashion spokeswoman Constance White. You’ll have to get up real close to drool on someone’s bag. "

washingtonpost.com

SHOPPER
    Initial Impressions
    Thursday, March 18, 2004; Page C02

People sure seem to love those logos. There are animals: the crocodile, penguin and puma. Symbols: swooshes, crowns and triangles. And letters: G's, C's and LV's.

"We are definitely at the peak," says Constance White, fashion spokeswoman and style director for eBay. But don't look for logos to tumble off the mountain anytime soon. Instead, designers are moving to mini sizes -- the "opposite of supersize," says White.

Shoppers still crave the status that these symbols carry, but in a more intimate way, she says. "You have to get right up to them . . . be talking to them and then, ohh, 'She's carrying a Prada handbag.' "

-- Janelle Erlichman

7. i_<3_chanel

i_<3_chanel elementary.

mulberry's 'roxy' is gorgeous :heart:

[​IMG]

8. vintage_princess

vintage_princess Adorable illusion

^^ :yuk:

9. xxdolce

xxdolce New Member

something about the dior girlys rub me the wrong way. too much is going on, i think...i don't know i can't put my finger on it. :unsure:

10. tealady

tealady New Member

Very nice for a casual day in town. :flower:

11. whereisthatsusu

whereisthatsusu New Member

uhm i dont think it would be appropriate to mention but over here there is a very specific clientele thats targeted and that buys anything with a BIG label/logo :innocent: [/b][/quote]
    paris hilton

12. whereisthatsusu

whereisthatsusu New Member

thanks leyla-- i say it "Jay-man" hahah i am wrong too.
    folks, i think im still a die hard luella patent pinkbag chick :P does that make me soooo last season?
    has anyone seen an AUthentic Hermes PINK birkin?? Ive been so dead curious aS to who owns one!!! photo closeup would be nice...

also, what is the HOT color this season for bags anyway?

Re: Jimmy choo tulita in orange or green---> where (what online boutiques) carry them?

Also, theMarcJacobs Venetia bag-- how much is a bag RETAIL and anyone pls refer me to an online shop for it.

:P [/b][/quote]
    the leather Venetia is $945 at www.net-a-porter.com