Lauren Conrad's Fashion Line Folds

joolwe

Reaction score
:blink: That was fast. The media is reporting that "The Hills" star Lauren Conrad is putting her fashion line on hold. Her reps say that although her first season's line doubled the sales projections, the economy has forced the starlet to rework her line. Sounds like P.R talk for the line isn't selling.

I have seen her collection and, for the price, I was not impressed. Many of her fans are very young and the majority of them can't afford to pay over $200 for a cheap looking cotton dress.

What do you think of her line?

These pictures are from the nymag.....

12_conrad_lg.jpg

^^ LOL...

it looks like any other young line. leggings and tunics. woo hoo.

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/lauren-conrads-clothing-line-on-hiatus-2009233

Lauren Conrad's clothing line is temporarily on hold, her rep confirms to Usmagazine.com.

"She is taking a hiatus, but the line still exists and will continue," her rep tells Us. "The sales of her line in the first year doubled what was projected. However, in light of the economy, it's a good time for Lauren to take a few seasons off to re-work her still budding line.

"She will look over the past seasons to determine what worked and what didn't work so that she may design clothing that will appeal to her fans," the rep continues.

^"so that she may design clothing that will appeal to her fans"????? umm leggings and tube dresses??? are they serious?? doesn't take much thought to "design" leggings...

She has fans??
:P

It's about time her line faded. I'm sorry but watching paint dry would be more interesting that watching her line of L.A. tangerine-appealing smocks.
I will say though, it is a tad better than Heidi Montag's line (I will not say it!)
:yuk::sick::ninja::rolleyes:

From Lauren's myspace:

Hey everyone! So I wanted to
take a moment to clear something up. A few days ago a statement was
released to the showrooms that carry my clothing line. It asked them to
let the stores know that I was planning to take a couple seasons off
from my line so that I could make some changes that I felt were
necessary. As a result, a lot of people were under the impression that
my line was being discontinued or had been dropped. This isn't the case at all.
The truth is I was the one who asked to take a couple seasons
off. I learned so much in the past year and I want to apply that to the
improvement of my clothing line. I also wanted to make some changes in
production so I would be able to lower the price point.
That being
said, I am actually really excited about beginning this process. I have
spent the last couple weeks working on designs for spring, which is
when I am planning to bring the (new and improved) line back. I also
have some very exciting things going on that will be announced shortly.
So stay tuned!

Lowering the price point... Yes, really, it is necessary.

Wow, this is the first time I'm actually looking at her designs. I was expecting her line to be hideous but this exceeds those expectations. I can't believe she was charging anything higher than $15 for those clothes. They look like they came from the lower end of a Forever 21 collection.

The line is made in the US, which explains why the pricing isn't closer to Forever 21. But I agree, it is most definitely overpriced.

I'm so shocked!!!!....NOT. They were having a huge clearance of her stuff at Kitson about a month or so ago with everything being $10 or less. I knew something was up. Her "designs" were laughable and at the price point, this was inevitable.

if she's working on stuff for S/S 10, why is she saying she's also taking a few seasons off?

Surprise surprise...and I would like to know exactly when she got the impression that she had ANY place in the fashion world, internship at whatever mag + crap reality show about absolutely nothing doesn't exactly demand merit from me or lead to designing :ninja:

It seems most people can't read. Her line isn't closing. She just won't be producing Summer or Fall collections this year and is working ahead to Spring 2010.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->