Lauren Santo Domingo (September 2008 - August 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photo of the Moment | Rodarte, Tuesday, 12:47 P.M.

2rodartetuesday1247pmqm5.jpg

themoment.blogs.nytimes.com

I'm surprised we don't see more candids of her. I feel like she's in every issue of Vogue...

I'm not sure if it was the same event or she is re-wearing that shirt, but the blue checkered shirt above matches one she is wearing in the initial post of this thread

she's truly the most stylish person in new york. everything she wears looks flawless on her. In person especially, no matter what the occasion she's dressed incredibly

She has style that money can buy.

i love the orange dress with the leather jacket...so cool..:heart:

:clap: So well said...Lauren's husband is heir to a multi-BILLION dollar fortune not forgetting that she comes from money....she pretty schmoozed her way into an editor position @ Vogue...

...she's well dressed but with all her money and designer connections it would be a crime if she wasn't....and even so, she is DEF NOT the most stylish person in New York, far from...

cota2za9.jpg

Blasblog: A Vogue Staple Goes Backstage
February 15, 2009

Friday was a busy day for Lauren Santo Domingo. Not only was the Vogue contributing editor easing her way into the beginning of the Fall 2009 collections, but she also consulted on not one, but two designer offerings: Bibhu Mohapatra’s show and Christian Cota’s presentation. “Bibhu’s collection was inspired by samurai armor and Amelia Earhart, and dedicated to costumers looking for craftsmanship and architectural lines,” Santo Domingo explained. “Whereas Cota was more
about rebirth, and doing something fun, irreverent, and up for a good time.” The reason these designers look for this advice is because Lauren is her own best client. “What I know is how a woman wants to wear clothing,” Santo Domingo said of her skill set. And according to Cota, decisiveness is a very important quality. “She knows what she wants in a second, and she means what she says,” the designer, who credited his more youthful feel to her help, said at his presentation. “And nearly every time, she’s right.”

—Derek Blasberg
style.com

Excatly.
She is a woman with a large clothing allowance, that's about it.
She could dress a lot worse (i.e. Tinley) but there is nothing special about her style: she looks like any wealthy young woman in the UES.

Reminds me of the outfit Gwyneth wore a few days ago, I don't think it works for both of them.

^ I think it's the same Proenza Schouler outfit (just with a different colored sequin top)...and, boy, is it unflattering on everyone who wears it...

:lol: I was just going to say - it's unfortunate that Gwyneth wore it to a high profile event last week. And I agree. It looks bad on everyone.

I really don't like how she puts outfits together. She looks kinda trying hard. She looks fabulous in gowns but when she tries to look hip/trendy, it just looks fake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"