Layering Necklaces

PrincessImp. said:
Wow..I'll like to see more tips and posts on this..usually I just stick to wearing one necklace.
When I do try to layer, it never seems right to me...

I love layering necklaces. While a very ecelectic look looks great on other people (Like a couple of chains, a chunky bead necklace, etc), I don't think it looks very good on me. I usually stick with a 'theme' of sorts :blush: (Like 'gold' or 'black'....would those even be called themes? :huh: ).

I usually start with my gradiated multi-chain necklace (similar to this one I found on eBay; mine's more of a faded gold, less chains, and it's made up of a variety of chains...I got it at an antique store for $1). Then I add a few more necklaces to that. Two of my favorites are the black glass bead necklace on gold wire (got on eBay...I have a few others like this, one with red beads and one with green...it's pictured with one of my favorite rings) and a gold medallion with the Hindu goddess Saraswati (also from ebay...mine is faded a bit, which is good because I like a more 'antique' gold than a really bright gold). I think it works best when you're comfortable with what you're wearing, and it means something to you. Start small, and work different things in. (I got the Saraswati medallion first, and I tried wearing it alone, but it always made me feel like Mr. T (It's about 1" diameter)).

Attachments

• Necklace, ring.jpg
    Necklace, ring.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 2
  • saraswati.jpg
    saraswati.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 4253674_tp.jpg
    4253674_tp.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
I love this thread. I need to experiment more with layering necklaces...I have lots of gold & beaded ones. Any suggestions on how to layer?

Those scene kids pics scare me... This trend is really not for me after seeing that..... No jewelry for me, seriously.... :ninja:

I... I love scene kids. I have so many pictures saved, it's wrong.

-G.

A good alternative to layering is getting a multi-strand necklace where each strand is different.

Don't not wear jewelry- it's fabulous, just make it yours!

I really love layering necklaces. I'll post some pictures of mine when I've taken some pics, but for now here's some Ashley Olsen pics, she is amazing at layering them!

(all pics only-olsen)

Thanks for the contributions everyone! =)

I agree rachyroo, MK and Ashley really have the layering down :wink:

^yeah i agree to, they do it to perfection.

Does that sentence even make sense?? i think i'm going crazy lol

i think i'm getting old but those scene kids should get out of their scenes for a while and get into a shower/bathtub. with a good loofah. and shampoo.

love the layered necklace look but not the homeless rich kid look a la Cory Kennedy and friends. it totally ruins the look in my opinion.

i like the idea of dainty chains of varying lengths lying top filmy chiffon or silk in dusty roses and soft greys. or black prayer beads, gunmetal chains, and industrial pendants over buttery leather and drapey Rick Owens pieces. now THAT would be nice.

^Yes I agree too...I have a thing for dainty gold chains at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->