Celine
00020m.jpg
00090m.jpg

00100m.jpg

Givenchy
00210m.jpg
00390m.jpg

style

Bring it on; it's my favourite thing. Really cool to see it popping up in summer collections.

I love it when leather is "dressed up". I think it's almost an undiscovered luxury fashion item in North America, because so many people here are stuck on the idea that it's a fetish thing or for bikers. The once-risky leather jacket is mainstream now, but is still cool. I'm hoping to see the day when leather pants and skirts will be seen as cool, but acceptable, rather than a fashion crime or a statement of sexual preference.

I'm doing my part: I'm wearing my Ari Soffer leather pants right now at my office. Sure, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but pffft...I don't care :smile:

+1 i love it!
YSL the 4th pic is OOOH MY!!!!!

what do you think what is more trendy now - to wear thin leather or really thick (like rockers do)?
i don't like too thin leather. it seems like it's not real. i like when it's thick but not too much! :smile:
what do you think about leather dresses? mmm?

p.s. sorry for my poor english

+1 i love it!
YSL the 4th pic is OOOH MY!!!!!

what do you think what is more trendy now - to wear thin leather or really thick (like rockers do)?
i don't like too thin leather. it seems like it's not real. i like when it's thick but not too much! :smile:
what do you think about leather dresses? mmm?

p.s. sorry for my poor english

I used to think that all really high quality leather was lambskin or kidskin, and I certainly love both. But, the problem with leather that's so light and soft is damage. In fact, I've scratched lambskin pants simply by sitting on a rough wooden chair.

However, I recenlty bought a pair of calfskin leather pants made by Ari Soffer, who is based in LA and makes *very* high-end custom clothing and jewlery. Now, I can see that mid-weight [semi-thick] leather can be just as luxurious as lambskin, perhaps even moreso. The only problem is that it's extremely expensive. Given a choice, I prefer the calfskin leather because it's thick enought to withstand regular wearing without having to worry that sitting on a chair will scratch them :smile:

I'm loving the leather.

Leather always looks good.

I appreciate good leather.

I LOVE the leather skirt used in the Ann Demeulemeester show! It would look great with black tights underneath! Does anybody know where you can purchase a clone... for cheaper? :brows:

I used to think that all really high quality leather was lambskin or kidskin, and I certainly love both. But, the problem with leather that's so light and soft is damage. In fact, I've scratched lambskin pants simply by sitting on a rough wooden chair.

However, I recenlty bought a pair of calfskin leather pants made by Ari Soffer, who is based in LA and makes *very* high-end custom clothing and jewlery. Now, I can see that mid-weight [semi-thick] leather can be just as luxurious as lambskin, perhaps even moreso. The only problem is that it's extremely expensive. Given a choice, I prefer the calfskin leather because it's thick enought to withstand regular wearing without having to worry that sitting on a chair will scratch them :smile:

love the Demeulemeester stuff. interesting tube amp. love your name by the way!

I LOVE the leather skirt used in the Ann Demeulemeester show! It would look great with black tights underneath! Does anybody know where you can purchase a clone... for cheaper? :brows:

yeah i would love to know to!!! ive been searching for one for ages!! theres an absolutely gorgeous helmut lang one which is tdf!

that costume national jacket is stunning too! yum yum yummy

i love the way its styled, it does look ver summery and feminine

Leather for this winter sounds really good, with some chunky knits. I'm annoyed that I passed on a leather skirt that was on sale at H&m the other day.

I loved the camel leather pieces at Céline.. makes me wish I had bought the boxy, faux-leather top that H&M had a couple seasons ago. duh.
Anyway, this looks like a lovely trend to starting warming up for the new season in late winter and spring, otherwise.. unless you spend your summers in siberia, I doubt it's very comfortable. :ninja:

^^:rofl: so true mullet :P

i remember seeing so much leather on the catwalks but didn't give much though to the fact that these were S/S shows...

the celine pieces are so great :heart:

Well, talking about leather, you can maybe buy some fake that looks real :P It isn't as expensive and well, it looks just the same, except you don't smell like it... Some leathers stink :P

but... i looooved the Costume National leather jacket:heart::heart:, in the second picture

That YSL look with the black leather skirt and the nude top...loooove :heart:

Thanks to Ann Demeulemeester, I now need a black leather skirt. :smile:

I loove the leather dress that Natasha Poly has on at the Celine show, and the soft leather vest too, amazing! feminine yet strong :smile:

just got a perforated skirt from barneys on black friday...got lots of compliments....:heart:

so much rock n roll at Ann Demeulemeester and YSL, love this collection!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieRunway
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->