Lemaire F/W 2018.19 Paris

I enjoy his work even if I find a lot of looks in this particular collection to be wayyy too excessively layered - some remind me of Ann Demeulemeester with their tied volumes, which isn't necessarily the worst designer to reference but not helping Lemaire much as his strength usually lies in an easy, nonchalant elegance. The more successful silhouettes (to me) are the ones that are less drowning in oversize or that are less styled. Even if there is just a hint of color towards the end, those looks really help to elevate the collection a notch up in terms of lightness.

So fantastic that I don't know where to start :heart:!

Loving the checkered wraps (and the jacket over blazer, oversize shirt and jeans is the perfect combo), the white lace all in one thing and the canary yellow coat at the end...someone is still keeping fashion alive thankfully.

From the first look I knew this would be a stunning collection.

:wub:

I really enjoyed this collection, lots of wearable-easy looks which I will always love Lemaire for. I do feel that at times some of the looks have gone a little too overboard in terms of layering, for my taste, however I like the fact that a lot of the individual pieces would work in other looks and that versatility is something I've always enjoyed from this house.

I have to say, one of the nicest things to come from all this Guccifircation with these wild colors/patterns is that collections like this and even Dries, are so refreshing to see after being surrounded by such animated collections.

Call me boring, but these oversized looks don't do anything for me. So heavy, so severe, so impractical. Sorry, I'm not enjoying this season's showing at all.

Also thought of Ann as well, tricotineacetat. But his woman is way way way more grounded in reality. And the use of layers here is that for an adult woman— unlike so many that just pile it on non-stop with absolutely no thought of proportion, like 'lil kids playing dressup.

His proposal of layers,volume and play with proportions is at once ethereal and so cosmopolitan-grounded. There’s not a single need for theatrics nor gimmicks, yet every single look is pure drama. His proposal for a touch of playfulness with the slight dress/skirt is so so so so far superior to that other guy who’s also doing the slight but comes off so cartoony. It’s clear who is a master here and who’s just another passing trend.

(God this collection reminds me so much of Helmut in spirit and attitude.)

This is great!
I love it because it feels very «*fashion*»!
It’s directional, well put together but it has kept the real essence of Lemaire.

It might be my favorite collection from him.

What a fantastic collection and the use of colour is wonderful.

I love this! :heart:
I thought his previous collections were all nice, but a bit repetitive and boring, but this one is just exquisite. One of my fav collections of the season for sure.

Artful and very hip - but with a classic undertone, like always.
What a great collection!! I want. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"