Lemaire F/W 2020.21 Paris

I also lost my interest seasons ago. Here applies the same as I said for The Row: they feel more and more like a hidden beauty that never shines. There is something but it never really surfaces.

I like the printed boots... Feel like they just need to take a few steps out of the norm for the brand to be interesting again.

BOOORING! Even The Row was better this season.

The women’s has this utilitarian sweeping elegance and a generosity in all its volume that doesn’t eat up the body into some silly infantile silhouette. The Row's current offering is blatantly ripping them off.

The men’s however, is as hideous in its mundaneness as usual; those leather pants in that heinous full-cut that’s also cut too short is the most offensive and gross tailoring I’ve ever seen.

I always find Lemaire beautiful. And I even like the menswear, although it is admittedly not as strong as the women’s collection. That being said, I agree: the all-leather men’s look and the leather pants are hideous.

The leather even seems to undermine what the collection is about, which is a certain luxurious ease when it comes to dressing for travel.

Floored by this woman he creates, so sophisticated and elegant. I feel some trickle down shades of Hedi's bourgeoisie which seems to be the theme this season in Paris. But executed so much more layered and rich. The menswear, besides a few leather numbers, is a bit disappointing.

The first show of the season that made me change my mind about other show. It was sublime, a masterclass on minimalism and effortless attitude. I don't even know what else to say about the clothes. I just want to buy, wear and fall in love with all this.
What it's funny about this: I've been thinking how beautiful was The Row when they showed their collections -it was one of my very very few favorites of NY- and now looking at Lemaire they're really delivering what minimalism should be. I mean, take a look at Romina Lanaro at TR and Lemaire. The difference is abismal. She looked like a boring snob wearing insanely expensive clothes and here she looks fresh, radiant and I'm even feeling jealous of her.
We should all be thankful for having Lemaire.

I'm really feeling this, Anne-Marie Beretta swaggering draped silhouettes but executed with a current, pragmatic touch. Not at all precious or nostalgic, I would dare to say that they're timeless. The shoes and accesories are as good as always.

The leather look is a forgivable misstep. Those two opening looks alone more than make up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->