Lemaire S/S 2019 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Sep 26, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. RedSmokeRise

RedSmokeRise Active Member

Good recovery from last season's weirdness.

The all-white looks are great!

4. billiejbob

billiejbob Active Member

Some nice coats and jackets. Nothing overly exciting - just a simple commercial collection.
    Those oversized jeans need to be sent to the incinerator though.

5. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Yikes, Lemaire is still on the oversized bandwagon! I have many of the men's proportions in my wardrobe for some time now, not from them though. These silhouettes are actually rather embarrassing. Collection is much better in motion, but imo just terribly dated.

6. Not Plain Jane

Not Plain Jane Well-Known Member

a little more rock n roll
    a little more ruff
    :mowhawk:
    alright! alright!

7. tricotineacetat

tricotineacetat Active Member

First thought - the staging and lighting of the show does nothing for the clothes. Especially when you look at all-white silhouettes, of which there are a few too many for my personal taste.

This collection feels very much like a continuation of the last womenswear with all these layered and wrapped silhouettes. It's very hard to tell of how many separate garments the outfits consist of, that's a similar problem I have with Ann Demeulemeester runway shows; they are great as eyecandy but less impressive when you look at separate garments in a shop. Lemaire's work at Uniqlo is certainly more focussed on items and product, that helps to keep things more straightforward and easy to wear. Perhaps he should put a little bit more that also into his own line?