Liam Gallagher to launch own fashion range...Pretty Green

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Hebden, Mar 18, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Hebden

Hebden I am half-sick of shadows

Liam Gallagher to launch own fashion range...

Dear. God. No. :shock:

From the Telegraph.co.uk

Liam Gallagher to launch own fashion range Pretty Green

Liam Gallagher, the lead singer of rock band Oasis, is to launch his own fashion range in June.

Called Pretty Green, after a song by The Jam, the range will sell footwear, denim, knitwear, jackets, trench coats, parkas, t-shirts, hats, scarves and accessories.
    The Pretty Green range will be "owned and designed" by Mr Gallagher, who will be supported by a team of "key industry professionals", the company said.

"Clothes and music are my passion. I'm not here to rip anyone off and I'm not doing it for the money either. I'm doing it cuz [sic] there's a lack of stuff out there of the things I would wear," said Mr Gallagher.

The range will be sold online and wholesale through third party outlets. Pretty Green describes itself as an "up-front, straight talking, classic clothing range".

Formed in 1991 in by Liam and his elder brother Noel in Manchester, Oasis took the music world by storm with its debut album 'Definitely Maybe' in 1994 and 'What's the Story Morning Glory' in 1995.

Heavily influenced by the Beatles, Oasis enjoyed a very public rivalry with Britpop band Blur.

2. lucy92

lucy92 Administrator

Liam? i would have put my money on noel. he seems to be the brains behind the operations and had some ideas for some clever t shirts designs back in the mid 90's. (my favourite oasis t was a union jack swirled as if it was being flushed down the toilet)

i guess i am surprised he is are even bothering. even though oasis doesnt sell as many millions of cds as they used to they still sell tons of concert tickets.

3. Little Tiny

Little Tiny New Member

I see Noel as a "roots" kind of guy and not caring so much about fancy wear.Liam is the "rockstar" and likes to flaunt it.This could be pretty interesting if it happens at all.I mean,with his attitude!I'll be watching.

4. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

I can't blame him for losing faith on the day job. haven't heard of Oasis since.. 99?. ha.

5. misspistol

misspistol Active Member

Seriously? All I can imagine is grey tshirts that reek of beer and cigarettes.

6. CharlottefromCA

CharlottefromCA User Friendly

well you never know.. if this line is successful maybe he will come out with a men's fragrance..:rolleyes:

7. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

^and then underwear line:lol::lol:

8. gb_32

gb_32 Active Member

I'm a huuuuge huge fan of Oasis, hmm well.. Noel more like it... but... wtf?!
    leather jackets, skinny jeans and plain cottom tshirts is all i ever see him wearing.
    and.... what does he know about fashion if he's drunk all day? =/

9. lucy92

lucy92 Administrator

Liam Gallagher has posted a new video online explaining why he's started his Pretty Green clothing label.

Watch the video now to see Gallagher talking about what clothes mean to him, and why he hates the "skinny" look favoured by the likes of The Horrors and the strokes.

In the video, which was posted on Prettygreen.com, the Oasis man says his disappointment in the current men's clothing market was one of the factors that lead him to start Pretty Green.

"I'm just doing it [launching the clothing range] because there's a lack of…the stuff I want. You can't really get it," he said. "I'm not gonna be putting anything out unless I'd wear it."

The singer also laid into what he called "the skinny look", saying he hopes Pretty Green will force a change in the style's popularity.

He ranted: "I'm not into the skinny look. These skinny things. That's what I'm here for, to ****ing get rid of that ****. You know them shoes that just come at you like a ****ing snooker cue?! It's like, leave it out man! You got a license for them bastards or what?!"

Gallagher can also be seen inspecting a pair of 'Pretty Green' shoes in the video, declaring them "****ing tasty".

The star joked at his bandmates would only get to wear the clothes "if they get their hands in their pockets".

nme.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqvFweAHQVc

#9 lucy92, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Mar 19, 2009
  10. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

the fact that he thinks the strokes are calling the shots when it comes to [what he called] 'the skinny look' makes him appear so awfully old. :p

I don't know.. I'm curious on who's going to buy this, since his fans are well over 25 now and I'm sure most of them have moved on from parkas and horrible sneakers into typical office attire..

11. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

*cough-hasbeen-cough*

12. gb_32

gb_32 Active Member

LMAO!!! i love him.
    so.. my question's been answered.
    thank u for video!
    tho i dont like the logo.

13. lucy92

lucy92 Administrator

preview image of the advert shoot.(prettygreen)

the motorcycle is cool.

Attached Files:

14. lmelanie

lmelanie Active Member

i actually am really interested in seeing what this will be like..i have always loved the britpop style.

15. Humperz

Humperz New Member

[​IMG]

Liam Gallagher has earned himself a reputation over the years in the music industry for having a no nonsense attitude when it comes to just about everything. So when news of him slagging off music based fashion labels surfaced I wasn't surprised. The Oasis front-man tackled his grievances and has started up a clothing line called Pretty Green. The label launched online today to a healthy reception, so much so it crashed and now you can only look at pieces if you sign up as a member.
    Gallagher's first collection is much like the creative director himself, plain and not overstated by any means. The limited edition pieces being displayed so far are all embellished with a 'Pretty Green' logo. Like it or love it these pieces aren't going to make you noticed at all. The designer himself says:
    "Clothes and music are my passion. I'm not here to rip anyone off and I'm not doing it for the money either. I'm doing it cuz there's a lack of stuff out there of the things I would wear"​
    That said Gallagher's style leaves a lot to be desired. As a causal look this brand could become as staple as Burton or Topman, however, designer chic it definitely is not.

16. Humperz

Humperz New Member

^ picture from PrettyGreen.com

17. lucy92

lucy92 Administrator

Over 10,000 people tried to buy Oasis lead singer Liam Gallagher's clothing line when it launched online this morning, causing the site to crash. Indeed, Gallagher's been teasing the line for months with online videos of rather impressive production values. In March he put up the first grainy black-and-white video, in which he explains that he decided to do the line, called Pretty Green, because he can't find any clothes he wants to wear. He said he planned to "****ing get rid of" the skinny look. And finally, three months later, Liam has posted a new video! And his clothes are finally available for purchase online to registered users!
    First we watched Liam's new video, which was just as earnest as his last, and then we looked at the clothes. Plain T-shirts, plain jackets, plain scarves, plain jersey polos, plain crew-neck knit sweaters, and a parka, all with the "Pretty Green" logo. So these are the clothes Liam had to make for himself because he couldn't find them anywhere else. These garments express his passion for clothes. These represent the groundbreaking, non-skinny aesthetic he promised the world. They're more anticlimactic than Christina Aguilera's last new single.
    "I’m not doing it to make money," Liam says in the new video. "I’m doing it 'cause I’m into clothes." And later, when he's trying on a T-shirt under a blazer not by Pretty Green: "It’s ****ing blowing my mind. I can’t wait for everyone to see it. And obviously, buy it you ****ers.”
    (nymag.com)

Attached Files:

18. m.j.

m.j. New Member

i love brit pop era but not sure what to think about this....:innocent:

19. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

yeah yeah yeah :innocent:

20. classicalbang

classicalbang shake off your flesh

:rofl: This is hilarious! Heidiwood by Heidi Montag was more innovative.